Light-O-Rama Forums

1602W for sale with Cat5 issues

thebaronn

Hello,

Today a child ran through my fence and became entangled in the cat5 line and yanked them pretty hard.

So since I planned on slowly downsizing anyway, here is my next item.

1602W purchased during the Summer Sale 2009. Firmware has never been updated.

One cat5 jack is completely unresponsive.

The other works when moved.... Hard to explain so here is a video. http://youtu.be/tAzcvQG6EMM

This was running in my display for the last 2 weeks.

$220, shipping included (continental United States).

I had that happen... well not the running child part but somehow one of the connectors popped off the board. That is to say the plastic black part of the on board connector popped off and was seesawing on where the pins are soldered to the board. I just pushed it back down and it was fine. Looked very similar to what I saw in the video, and was rather hard to see with how the unit is in the box.

Drew

I was able to get it to work, but the slightest movement and the connection was lost. I was going to have a look and took off the 4 front plate screws........

LOL! There is a reason I purchased it pre-assembled!!! PASS!!!

Are you sure the connection fingers {pins?} INSIDE the Cat5 jacks aren't bent out of shape? That could cause that from a cat5 cable getting pulled out abrubtly and the wrong way. Might want to examine those and see if they are bent downward and not making proper contact. Just get a jewelers small flat blade screwdriver and pull the contact fingers {pins} back up and you may be good to go. Doesn't hurt to check and see. This could very well b e an easy fix.

• The topic was locked