Light-O-Rama Forums

light box arch segments

Gman7711

I did it I figured out how to make a lightbox arch! it should only cost me 40 to 60 dollars to make 2 arches. I'm using 3 quarter inch plywood for the back, half inch plywood for the sides, and then high density board for the curved top and bottom. the front of it is just a standard diffuser. and 3 c9 bulbs in the inside.

I Like it, how will you connect the segments? this could work for those RGB Folks as well i think.

There's lots of room between the holes in the back. I'm going to screw them together with pieces of 3/4 plywood. Prop them up with a leg from the middle going back at an angle. That would be easy to do rgb.

would love to see the finished prodject looking good.

I'm going to be building out the rest of the boxes this weekend. I still need to paint them so the fiber board (high density board) is moisture proof. Probably 2 Weeks before I can test them. I'll make a video when I can. If this works as good as the first one, this could unlock a lot of cheap options for cool props!

• 2 weeks later...

trying to post more pictures but it won't let me. Say's file size is too big but they're only 93kb.

Won't even work at 35kb!!!!! AHHHHHH!! frustrating!

Edited by Gman7711

trying to post more pictures but it won't let me. Say's file size is too big but they're only 93kb.

Won't even work at 35kb!!!!! AHHHHHH!! frustrating!

You have hit your attachment file limit. Go to your settings and delete old attachments to free up space.

• 2 weeks later...