Light-O-Rama Forums

Newb question

olduffer

Hi all,

Just got the starter pack, and I will only have 16 channels this year, and just standard led lights.

I have been playing with the demo version of SS and it looks awesome, but before I upgrade, I have a couple of questions.

I assume I can use SS to sequence just a standard controller with 16 channels, and regular lights?

and if so, how do I set it up and which "effect" would be the best to use with just strings of lights?

Seems like it all geared to rgb and ccr, which are out of the question this year :blink: \

Thanks so much!!!

Duffer

Using strings of led lights works just fine. My suggestion would be to use single color only. This gives you maximum elements to control. What effect you use is up to you. If you are just doing animation, slow transitions work very well.

Welcome aboard!

Edited by scubado

There are two ways you can use SuperStar with your 16 channel controller.

1) click on Tools and select "Create Quick Visualization"

In the Quick Visualization dialog box, place a check mark by the controllers you have.

Click on the button to create a quick visualization.

If you checked one controller, you will see 16 white dots on your screen. Each white dot represents a channel. You can do scenes and morphs on those 16 channels.

You can also click on Tools and select "Instant Sequence", open an audio file, click on "Sequence All" then "Play All' and it will do an instant sequence on your lights

2) Create a visualization of your light display in the Visualizer

Launch SuperStar and click on File and then select "Import Visualization"

You can then do effects on that visualization, or do Instant Sequence on that visualization

To learn more about scenes and morphs go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support", then click on "Video Tutorials". The SuperStar tutorials are at the bottom, there is one on scenes and one on morphs.

And no one has even mentioned this yet but you do not "need" SS to program your lights. I have 112 channels and 4 CCRs and do not have SS. IMHO SS is really for those who have multiple CCR (CCP) setup as a tree or mateos for a sign.