Light-O-Rama Forums

The day is approaching...soooo excited!

paralegalnc

So tomorrow is the day. Yep we are starting to put the lights out. After months and months of sequencing and working on props and checking lights until our fingers hurt... we are doing it. My first year! Members of the band (the charity we are donating any money raise to) are coming to help. My husband has had two shoulder surgeries and can't do overhead work.

I have 1000' feet of wire...some plugs...where do I get more of the plugs if I need more? going to home depot to pick up the new c9 led lights for the roof so I don't cause a city wide black out. Gotta get the new cool icicle looking lights from Big Lots I need a couple more ropes too. Boy will my credit card be tired today! My son in law is going to come by and they are going to put in the 3 dedicated 30amp recepticals. had to update our power box. But I can't wait..!! for some reason I can see myself setting up a table outside at night with my computer tweaking all the sequences.

post-10510-0-06314600-1350733723_thumb.j

I don't start mine till the day after Halloween. I think it'll only take me a few days to do it all or I hope. Of course I'll have to start the testing to insure its all working correctly. First light-up is the day after Thanksgiving.

So tomorrow is the day. Yep we are starting to put the lights out. After months and months of sequencing and working on props and checking lights until our fingers hurt... we are doing it. My first year! Members of the band (the charity we are donating any money raise to) are coming to help. My husband has had two shoulder surgeries and can't do overhead work.

I have 1000' feet of wire...some plugs...where do I get more of the plugs if I need more? going to home depot to pick up the new c9 led lights for the roof so I don't cause a city wide black out. Gotta get the new cool icicle looking lights from Big Lots I need a couple more ropes too. Boy will my credit card be tired today! My son in law is going to come by and they are going to put in the 3 dedicated 30amp recepticals. had to update our power box. But I can't wait..!! for some reason I can see myself setting up a table outside at night with my computer tweaking all the sequences.

I have 1000' feet of wire...some plugs...where do I get more of the plugs if I need more?

After you're finished, head up I-77 North to help me. Don't forget to bring the credit card too. :D

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I bit the bullet and bought LEDs for my roof, LED icicles, and other LEDs. Nothing left on my credit card love! However, since we shop at Home Depot all the time they were nice and gave us a discount :) saved like $30. not alot but... money is money. But you should have your stock by now. I'm still building. I guess I will have to order more of the plugs. HD has the male but no one seems to have the female.

The day is here!! the band will be here after church to help put up lights. I just pray my OCD stays under control. I have to remember these are kids and they can't see whats in my head (which is probably a good thing) but these kids are used to perfection too so I'm hoping it will be easy. I know that when they understand that any donations from the show goes to them... the better the show more people will donate? not sure when the news people are stopping by but they are supposed to. Kinda nervous, excited all mixed into one. My FIRST LOR show. I have CLAP as people on here say LOL I admit it and I love it.

It's an awesome feeling isn't it. My Mega tree, http://s1293.photobucket.com/albums/b595/boydchristmaslights/?action=view&current=20121020_144411_zpsc163027b.jpg Pixel Tree, 2, 4 ch. stars and firesticks are up. I also have my Spiral tree frame up, but I started wrapping that thing 4 times yesterday and still couldn't get it right. I was so frustrated. I found the spiral calculator that I had downloaded, plugged in the numbers and now I have a plan instead of guessing. Gonna try it again after church. Good luck with your setup and I'm sure I speak for a lot of folks, take pictures and share.

Have fun,

Ron

It's an awesome feeling isn't it. My Mega tree, http://s1293.photobu...zpsc163027b.jpg Pixel Tree, 2, 4 ch. stars and firesticks are up. I also have my Spiral tree frame up, but I started wrapping that thing 4 times yesterday and still couldn't get it right. I was so frustrated. I found the spiral calculator that I had downloaded, plugged in the numbers and now I have a plan instead of guessing. Gonna try it again after church. Good luck with your setup and I'm sure I speak for a lot of folks, take pictures and share.

Have fun,

Ron

I tried the spiral tree too...got frustrated. OCD kicked in.... decided not to do it. If it's not perfect, didn't want it. will figure it out for next year...especially if you a spiral calculator? hint hint

It's an awesome feeling isn't it. My Mega tree, http://s1293.photobu...zpsc163027b.jpg Pixel Tree, 2, 4 ch. stars and firesticks are up. I also have my Spiral tree frame up, but I started wrapping that thing 4 times yesterday and still couldn't get it right. I was so frustrated. I found the spiral calculator that I had downloaded, plugged in the numbers and now I have a plan instead of guessing. Gonna try it again after church. Good luck with your setup and I'm sure I speak for a lot of folks, take pictures and share.

Have fun,

Ron

the firesticks... see...those are neat... we did arches and started wrapping it in mini lights...didn't like the look of it.. so we did them in rope lights instead. If I do a thing like that I would have to use ropes....

I tried the spiral tree too...got frustrated. OCD kicked in.... decided not to do it. If it's not perfect, didn't want it. will figure it out for next year...especially if you a spiral calculator? hint hint

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/topic/38908-spiral-tree-calculating-spreadsheet/

Post # 1 has the Spiral calculator. You need Excel to view it. I finally got 12 of 16 strands wrapped today. I'll have to tweak it a bit to get the alignment right, but it's shaping up, finally.

Ron

You and the husband need to come up to my place one day while I'm setting things up.

shoot...you'd put us to work... however, he did make the wooden stands that you said you use. Do you affix them to anything? do you worry about anyone stealing your controllers? he got to thinking about it last night and now he is paranoid. Not that we live in a bad town or anything so now he is going to move them, affix them to the house and now we have to change all our wiring....