Light-O-Rama Forums

how do i move my music folder

Sabre03

I want to move my music folder from my desktop into a different location. Once I do this the sequence will not be able to find the music. Is there an easy way to change this without having to resync every song and sequence? thank you

When you open a sequence click Edit -> Media File which will let you choose the location of the media file.

When you move your musical folder, you may want to go ahead and follow the directions here. Going this route will make a lot of things easier for you in the long run.

thank you Don, I read that, but not sure it will work for me. my sequences are already done and already have the media files connected. What I did is I ran all my media through mp3 gain and then saved all that mp3 media on my desktop. from that desk top location I synced my media mp3 file with my sequence which was located in the light o Rama folder. now I would like to move my mp3 folder from my desktop to the light o Rama audio folder where I should have saved it to begin with. can I somehow tell light o Rama that the mp3 folder is no longer on my desktop but it is now in the light o rama audio folder. I know I could just move it there and then re sync all my sequences and audio but I was hoping there was more of a 1 shot knockout approach.

Edit -> Media File will let you change the location of the media file that is connected to the sequence (when looking at it from the sequence editor.)

Sounds like your default data directory is okay, so no need to do anything there. You could simply move the files from your desktop folder to the Light-O-Rama 'Audio' folder using Windows Explorer. Then open the sequence in the Sequence Editor, and use the Edit -> Media File to select the location of the audio.

your last paragraph is exactly what my plan is. will I need to do this on every song or just once and that will do all 28 sequences

Edited by Sabre03

All 28. :(

(Though for the technical out there, you could edit the XML via text editor, but you do run the risk of damaging the sequence if you do it wrong. So please, don't try it on a live copy, use a backup copy.)

while moving the files does it matter if I copy and paste them or use the send it to command.

Edited by Sabre03

All 28. :(

(Though for the technical out there, you could edit the XML via text editor, but you do run the risk of damaging the sequence if you do it wrong. So please, don't try it on a live copy, use a backup copy.)

Don....your going to open a can of worms. Now everyone is going to need a "how to" with pictures.

Edited by dknahoolewa

while moving the files does it matter if I copy and paste them or use the send it to command.

If it were me, I would copy/paste, verify new files work as expected, then remove them from the original location.