Light-O-Rama Forums

controller won't stand alone

potash man

i have the lor 160xw gen3 controllers and i downloaded the sequence that it will be using. i set the unit id in the controller and i can test the sequence from the hardware utility (3.2.0 version) but if i disconect the cat 5 cable the unit shows no connection. i set the timer to see if it would come on by itself and it didn't. it works the lights fine when i test the sequence. it also will not let me delete the sequence. i'm at a loss here any help would be greatly appretiated. I'm sure it's something stupid on my part!

i have the lor 160xw gen3 controllers and i downloaded the sequence that it will be using.

Via the Hardware Utility -> LOR Tab -> Standalone button, correct?

i set the unit id in the controller and i can test the sequence from the hardware utility (3.2.0 version) but if i disconect the cat 5 cable the unit shows no connection. i set the timer to see if it would come on by itself and it didn't. it works the lights fine when i test the sequence. it also will not let me delete the sequence. i'm at a loss here any help would be greatly appretiated. I'm sure it's something stupid on my part!

Which timer did you set? I don't see any reference in the manual to a timer on the 1602Wg3 controllers. When downloading a standalone sequence to that controller you choose between "Run when power is on,” “Input (norm open switch)” or “Input (norm closed switch.)

You say it won't let you delete the sequence from the controller. Any particular error message? When doing all of this, do you have all other LOR programs closed, and just the Hardware Utility open?

yes that is correct i used the hardware utility lor tab standalone button, picked my sequence and downloaded it to the controller, it took awhile for it to download so i assumed it is in the controller. in the trigger condition it shows me the option to set the times i want it to come on and go off and when i send the trigger info to the unit it says that the "download of startup parameters complete".

the message i get when i try to clear the sequence is "unit did not respond to clear command, retry command" but it is the same every time i try. all other lor programs are closed and only the hardware utility is open.

also there is some other setting on the display of the controller besides the ID and DMX there is a third setting that starts with a C- and can be set to 5, c1, h5, of i have no idea what this is but if there is a manual i can read for all this that would be great so i wouldn't have to bother ya'll too much.

i told you back in august i would be back with questions.......and here i am! :huh::wacko::)

i found the user manual and i guess there is no timer in the controller like you said. oh well i have cat cable enough and will controll it with the dc-mp3 controller. i reset the controller and it removed the sequence. i learned that the c- is for the lighting curve the controller is using. i guess i just didn't see the users guides before. anyway thanks again for the help. i guess my head was in the clouds looking for the manual.

i'm already looking forward to next year when i will have time to put it all to music! :D

I had the same problem today while testing out the standalone function. No problems downloading a new sequence to the unit, but unable to delete the sequence so that the unit had no sequence to run. Error message "Unit did not respond to the Clear Command, Retry Command".

A hardware reset did work to remove the standalone sequence.... but the 'Remove Sequence - Delete' button still does not work.