Light-O-Rama Forums

Make Me Rudolph

magish01

I have some of the "WallyWorld" wire framed reindeer that use the 100 count incan white 5mm lights. I want to turn one into "Rudolph" by adding a red C7 or C9 bulb. Would there be any problem with making a one bulb SPT1 or SPT 2 light string and plugging it into the end of the 100 count 5mm string? Don't want to overload the single red bulb and cause burnout. As you can tell, electrical is not my forte. Was originally thinking of just replacing a white 5mm with a red 5mm but the one small red bulb doesn't show up very well.

Thanks.

I had the same idea just haven't gotten to it yet. I was just going to use one c9 rerofit bulb and make my own cord for the nose.

Dollar tree has c7 lights for ceramic Christmas villages. They are just one socket, a cord, switch and plug. The switch is not waterproof but can be removed.

Two yrs ago we did Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys themed yard.. used two wireframe deer, the wife put fabric over each, one brown (Rudolph), one tan (Clarice), we left the lights on the frames, so they shone thru the fabric, they really looked awesome. I mounted a C9 for Rudy's nose. I'm already at my attachment limit here, so no pix of it, sorry. I piggybacked the C9 to the minis with no problems.. Yours'll be fine.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

Normally, you can plug three 100 ct Incandescent mini lights together. A single C9 only uses 5-7 watts (Less than a string of 100 ct minis), so you should be ok. If you have other stuff on the circuit with the rudolph, it could be a problem.

If you are unsure, check it with a kill-o-watt meter.