Light-O-Rama Forums

logistics help

paralegalnc

this is for all you veterans. As you all know I am using this show as a fundraiser. I am putting up flyers, signs, and am working on the media. NBC news channel is coming by on Sunday to start taking pictures and stuff. They think its funny putting up Christmas lights before Halloween. Now I live in the city, in a neighborhood. The band that we are doing the fundraiser for is going to set up and sell cocoa and stuff on the weekends, and maybe week days but probably weekends. Realistically, so we can figure out possible staff needs, how many cars should we expect? busier later in the season? on Fridays? anyone sold cocoa?

Be careful what u ask for....you might just get it. Most of us just go by word of mouth and stay away from media. If you are doing all this advertising better have a small army available...

• Like 1

Guest wbottomley

this is for all you veterans. As you all know I am using this show as a fundraiser. I am putting up flyers, signs, and am working on the media. NBC news channel is coming by on Sunday to start taking pictures and stuff. They think its funny putting up Christmas lights before Halloween. Now I live in the city, in a neighborhood. The band that we are doing the fundraiser for is going to set up and sell cocoa and stuff on the weekends, and maybe week days but probably weekends. Realistically, so we can figure out possible staff needs, how many cars should we expect? busier later in the season? on Fridays? anyone sold cocoa?

Is that WCNC?

Three year's ago I made the mistake of allowing the small local paper to do a front page article about my display. For the next week I ended up with cars lined up down both sides of the road for a half mile, traffic so messed up that two police cars were stationed there to straighten things out and neighbors that were looking for their pitch forks to run me out of town! As stated above, be careful what you wish for. If you are doing that much advertising I would not only make sure you have any army of volunteers but also a pretty good traffic management plan.

Yep, sounds like this venture could have you going the way of Kevin's {Cracker's} display, now non-existant after all the hoopla he got.

You could not get me to do this for any amount. I want to keep the peace with my neighbors, not set something up that may come back to bite me in the bum big time.

Like others, be very careful what you do here with media and such, it could turn into a real nightmare in the long run.

Good deal. I know a few folks there.

I'm planning to ship some to NBC Newschannel which is the regional hub for NBC News Affiliates network.

Well... you can always put in a good word for me :)

Yep, sounds like this venture could have you going the way of Kevin's {Cracker's} display, now non-existant after all the hoopla he got.

You could not get me to do this for any amount. I want to keep the peace with my neighbors, not set something up that may come back to bite me in the bum big time.

Like others, be very careful what you do here with media and such, it could turn into a real nightmare in the long run.

well I thank you all... the good thing... my neighbor to the right... they are cool. The house to my left...it's empty. The guy across the street... he's hardly ever home...I'll just give him a nice bottle of something... Mr. Cline... well he's like 100 and doesn't come out of his house and can't hear. The other people... well, I'll give them something to drink too. :) the people on my street that OWN, they won't have a problem. they like it. The ones that rent.... who cares.