Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing folders and files...

shredocaaster

To begin... yes \i refreshed my iconcache.db

My files are being saved BUT when I go to the location of the actual file and/or folder (my "superstar" folder as example) it is not there. Open up LOR and the files and folders show. Weird. Anyone?

In 7+ years I can't say I've heard of the iconcache.db file.

If you open your LOR folder and the files and folders show ... what's missing?

lor folder and files don't show at all... only when lor software is open do they show within lor ... makes it tough to copy a folder for backups

Do you know where your LOR Folder is? Sounds like you need to locate the real location of your Light-O-Rama folder. They are there, obviously, as they can be found when you open the sequence editor. The instructions for resetting your default LOR Directory are below. Once you've done that you will know exactly where the data is. This does not affect your current sequences.

First, close all of your running LOR programs. Not just things like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel. You can close the LOR Control Panel by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from its popup menu.

Next, use Windows Explorer to open the directory that contains your Light-O-Rama program files. This is typically, but not always, C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama.

In that directory, there should be a file called "LORPost.exe" (although it may show up as just "LORPost", depending upon how you have Windows set up). Run that file.

It will step you through a few screens, including one in which it will ask the directory that you want to store your LOR data in. Tell it the directory ABOVE where you want your sequences. For example, if you want your sequences in C:\Users\Max\My Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences, then tell it C:\Users\Max\My Documents\Light-O-Rama.

* I know, it's not a spoiler, but that's what the software calls it... *shrug*