Light-O-Rama Forums

Run multiple shows without computer?

dknahoolewa

Want to see if anyone knows how to run multiple shows or set shows to run at different times using the (mini director or mp3 director).

I've got a friend that I'm doing a show at his house and he wants (security lights) to come on after the show is over every night.

I know the oveous put the security lights on a timer. wanted to pretty much make a static animation sequence come on.

example:

6pm-9pm show (show is 15min long running over and over)

9pm-4am static animation

With the Showtime Director you can schedule more than one show. Thus you could schedule your 6p-9p show (Show01) and your 9p-4a show (Show02).

You'll want to leave the selector switch on "A" to allows shows to run per their schedule. (Though "0" will act the same as "A")

So after I create my 2-shows (lss file). how do i get that on the SD card?

Please don't tell me I'm dumb and just do a save as from the show editor directly to the SD card. :D

I've only used the mini director to this point and the simple show builder. So I'm going to claim leaning experience on this one.

I've never used the simple show builder, so I couldn't tell you about it either. :)

In the Hardware Utility you will find the LOR MP3 tab. Same concept as the SSB, just not laid out the same (and some would argue not Simple.) There you would create your show, then when writing to the SD card click the Create Show button. There you could pick Show 01 or Show 02 depending on which one you need.

If you want me to walk you through it let me know. I can meet you in Denton if you'd like.

I'll give it a try this weekend. About done with the sequences for his house. If I still can't figure it out I'll let you know and I'll come see you for some help.

thanks for your help.

...In the Hardware Utility you will find the LOR MP3 tab. Same concept as the SSB, just not laid out the same (and some would argue not Simple.) There you would create your show, then when writing to the SD card click the Create Show button. There you could pick Show 01 or Show 02 depending on which one you need...

Yea, what he said. You can put a good number of shows on 1 SD card. I think I've done as many as 5 or 6.

now to clearify for me i would need the mp3 director not the mini director to do this correct?

Correct.

Showtime MP3 = Good!

Mini-Director = Bad* :(

(*Bad for this particular purpose only. The Mini-Director is a great device.)

Correct.

Showtime MP3 = Good!

Mini-Director = Bad* :(

(*Bad for this particular purpose only. The Mini-Director is a great device.)

Thats what i thought, i have the mini director and works for my use so far.

Yes...Don is correct.

I use the mini director for my show. (works great for me)

I'm going to be using the showtime mp3 for another display I'm doing just didn't know how to get the shows to the showtime mp3.