Light-O-Rama Forums

Buying sequences

ebrown1972

I will receive my starter package this week along with my mini director. I dont think I will have conquered the software before this christmas to do my own sequences. I have found some free sequences on the internet and I see that I can purchase some too. I will only be running 16 channels to start. If I decide to buy the sequences from light o rama the only thing that I need to do is to put the sequence on an sd card and supply the mp3 file (song) for the sequence correct? If I decide to buy a sequence collection the whole collection will go on the sd card and into the mini director which in turn the director will play each sequence on the card correct? Before I buy any sequences I just want to make sure it's pretty straight forward and easy enough. Thanks for any help.

Since I do not use a mini director I may be wrong here but, Don't you have to set up your channel configs and make those sequences work for your display?? If I'm not reading this wrong, you are thinking it is just a plug and play, which it is not. Good start tho!

Correct shfr26.

Plus you don't just copy the sequence file directly to the SD card (such as dragging it to that folder in Windows), but instead you "build the show" by using the Hardware Utility (LOR MP3 tab) to compile the sequence and copy them to the card as a show.

So let me see if I have this right. Although a purchased sequence will be complete when I purchase it aside from having my display layout done there will still be more that I will need to do to the channel configuration? I guess I just dont quite understand. I assume the purchased sequence will be loaded into the light o rama sequence editor and then I will need to build the show with the hardware utility? Is there anything that I will need to do with the purchased sequence with the sequence editor? Some of the sequences that are available to buy cannot be modified. I'm a newbie for sure so if anyone feels like explaining this to me a little further I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!

you need to adapt the sequence to your layout. let's say the sequence has 5 candy canes and they are controller number 1 channels 5 through 9. let's say you have 5 candy canes, but with your layout they are on controller number 3 channels 1 through 5 you need to copy and paste the sequence of those 5 candy canes into your new sequence for your candy canes. or you can go into channel configuration on the purchased sequence and reconfigure all of the controller channel numbers to match your layout. either way you have to completely adapt the purchased sequence to match your layout, otherwise when you play the sequence your show is going to look crazy and completely out of sync

To put the sequence on the SD card, you need to use one of our tools, either the Hardware Utility, or the Simple Show Builder. You may need to use the Sequence Editor to point the sequence at the correct audio file. Once you have done that, load up the HWU or SSB and change any options you desire (start and end times for example) and the program will take care of the rest and place the sequences on the SD card.

Note that unless you purchased a 'You can modify' sequence, there is no other configuration or layout changes that you can do since the sequence is protected. There is however a 'standard layout' that we use that you should try to follow. Here is a LOT MORE info on using purchased sequences.

http://sequences.lig...tion_ep_42.html

For the post part, it is plug-and-play.

Thank you for posting the info. I also see that only sequences 'You Can Modify' will work with ShowTime Directors. I am glad that you posted this before I decided to buy a sequence that I could not modify since I will be using the mini director. Thanks again everyone for giving me more understanding.

Thank you for posting the info. I also see that only sequences 'You Can Modify' will work with ShowTime Directors. I am glad that you posted this before I decided to buy a sequence that I could not modify since I will be using the mini director. Thanks again everyone for giving me more understanding.

I think they need to update the website. LOR 3.8.0 was released the other day, and it supports writing a protected sequence to the directors.

(Or, Mike will see it and let them know.) :)

I think they need to update the website. LOR 3.8.0 was released the other day, and it supports writing a protected sequence to the directors.

(Or, Mike will see it and let them know.) :)

It sure does. I worked several long nights to get that working :)

ANY sequence can be used with a director - protected or not. I sent an eMail to the powers that update the websites to remove that.

ANY sequence can be used with a director - protected or not. I sent an eMail to the powers that update the websites to remove that.

You have my eternal thanks!

Might want to clarify too -- only Showtime directors, or any director (including mini-director)?