Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Town 2012

ShaggySS

The static part of my Nightmare Before Christmas display is complete. As for the light show part its waiting on an ever so important DMX dongle. My wife took on the task of creating Jack Skellington and did a great job creating the face and sewing the costume. I took on the much easier task of creating the Pumpkin King.

Halloween5.JPG

Daytime Shot

Halloween1.JPG

Night Shot

Halloween2.JPG

Close up Night Shot

Halloween3.JPG

Close up with Flash

Halloween4.JPG

Pumpkin King

• Like 2

Very nice! I really like the porch with the spider web and the RGB strip.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

fantastic job shaggy are those kevins sequences or your own work and i guess there CCRS and how many ????

That is great! Excellent Job!

I have to bite the bullet and get CCR's! They just have a better look that the dumbstrands of RGB.

fantastic job shaggy are those kevins sequences or your own work and i guess there CCRS and how many ????

Nope those two are my own creation. This one is Kevins.

http://youtu.be/6-8bDbwtQOY

There is a total of 0 CCR's. That was all done by with 2811 strips and a single E682 controller. I have a total of 8 strips and I just ordered 4 more strips...the E682 can handel it so why not. I was going to go down the CCR path but I had a hard time with the 50 pixel limit. Plus with my roof it would have required a lot of strip cutting.

The 2811's allow me to create a 160 pixel strip and sequence it that way. Plus at $32 a strip cutting into them didn't give raise my blood presure too much. Its also only three wire so soldering on the strip with my shaky hands wasn't a big deal. On the flip side it is far from plug and play. The E682 took a lot of reading a little hair pulling but once I got it working it was worth it. Support was great

• Like 1

It looks great! Awesome job. I need to do some more research into the 2811 strips. Really like them compared to a dumb strip, and not that much more in price.

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you place your controller? Im in the process of setting up my house with e682 and Im worried about the signal going to each strand.

Look at the first picture. You'll see my E682 and the LOR controller on the side of the house. Right above Jack Skellington. It is my understanding signal is not an issues as long as its a continuous run. I do have a 12 foot empty section between the middle peak of my house and the peak on the right side of my house and I have no signal issues. If you are doing a long section without any pixels I have heard you can use some null pixels in between your long run to act as repeaters. I am not sure what the actual length is though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...