Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling store purchased animated props

jtcrash

Has anyone used LOR to control store bought animated props? I have a Pinhead prop from Spirits that’s great. It has three motors for the eyes, head, and mouth and a light for the box. The head, light and eyes are 5V, the mouth 9V. I was thinking about using a ServoDog to control them. Anyone try this yet?

With Halloween so close I decided to cheat a bit. Rather than use the ServoDog this year I put some relays in a box and tied a LOR channel to it. The relay triggers the demo button on and off in the sequence which syncs to my soundtrack. It’s not perfect but works surprising well. I have another LOR channel that powers the prop up and down to ensure that it always starts at the first factory preset. Good enough for this Halloween!

Servo Dog to my limited knowledge only controls servos. The kind that are used in mostly airplanes, cars, boats & helicopters. I dont think that they are used to turn on and off things. The use of either the A.C. or D.C. cards and relays, or maybe the I/O card maybe a better choice. At least from what I have heard you describe your props are.