Light-O-Rama Forums

Trick to powering on a Sainsonic transmitter?

Imzadi76

We got a Sainsonic CZH-05B transmitter, and can't get it to power on. Hoping there is something we are missing to avoid the delay of returning it and getting a new one.

Here's what we did (unit was new in box)

plugged in antenna

plugged adapter into the unit

plugged adapter into the wall

plugged in audio source (1/8" line from phone playing a song)

tried power button...nothing.

Also tried holding down the power button for 5 and 10 seconds. No other visible switches...

Are we missing some trick, or is this one just dead out of the box?

Did you check the wall outlet for power, some are connected to a wall switch. Second if you have a meter to check the adapter for power output.

Earle

I have the same one & if you have power to the outlet & it still doesn't power up I'm guessing its bad. I got mine off of eBay last year & never had a problem.

Sorry. Never heard of them. You would do better searching Google for your problem.

Did that first...no luck (and no support section on their site). Came back here as the Wife said she got the brand from folks on here using it...figured it was worth a try as a last resort.

Did you check the wall outlet for power, some are connected to a wall switch. Second if you have a meter to check the adapter for power output.

Earle

Yes, and even tried two different outlets (unplugged a working item to be certain on the second one).

I have the same one & if you have power to the outlet & it still doesn't power up I'm guessing its bad. I got mine off of eBay last year & never had a problem.

That's what I figured...will RMA it.

Thanks all for the replies...I assumed it was DOA, but figured it couldn't hurt to see if others with the same model knew of any tricks to it.

But did you check the adapter for output power??

You know what? I had not...

I just did though, and not only is the DC barrel showing no juice, but (more importantly), the male AC plug end showed nothing (and it's a standard PC style plug).

One spare PC cord later, and we have a working transmitter!

Love it when it's a stupid easy fix like that...thanks for the suggestion!