Light-O-Rama Forums

2 power sources for lor control

Guest guest

Got my controllers in and began to put them together. Can someone explain the 2 power sources. Does each one have to go to a different breaker or just run to cords to the controller off the same outlet?

ctmetcalf wrote:

Does each one have to go to a different breaker or just run to cords to the controller off the same outlet?

This all depends on your power demand, if you are pulling 15/20 AMP per bank. I bet you home breakers are 15/20 AMP so if your baord is pullign 30/40 AMP then you have to split the power load. If you are pulling a small amount on both banks you can tie them togther and use 1 cord out of the board.

I only had 1 bord last year, and I was lucky enough to have 2 breakers so I split them up. lets say that this bord will be controlling a mega tree, if there is only 1-2 strings of lights on it, you wont need to split them up, now if you had mini lights, c7's and flood lights on your bord, you would need to split it up, otherwise you will blow your in-house breakers.

Not to mention the fuses in the LOR board. LOL Know that from personal expereince. Ran a whole house on 16 channels though and looked pretty decent. Just had to really balance the board JUST right. lol

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

Not to mention the fuses in the LOR board. LOL Know that from personal expereince. Ran a whole house on 16 channels though and looked pretty decent. Just had to really balance the board JUST right. lol

yea that too, :laughing:.