Light-O-Rama Forums

Not Playing Properly

redsea300

Ok here we go. I built my 12 horizpntal ccr grid today.they are addressed like this;

0C Top Row

0B

0A

01 Bottom Row

Network A is running 07-0C. Network B is running 01-06.

First when playing to test the visualizer doesn't run while controlling lights( not a real problem). Second If you hit stop it won't You have to close the program.The main problem. The CCR grid(for a lack of a better term) has misc pixels on all over the place. Wrong colors also. When a word or image scrolls through(right to left for example) it leaves pixels on it it's path as it passes through. I just got it built and testing it. I figure I am doing something wrong. I Id each of the controllers one at a time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Don C.

When you say "if you hit stop it won't, you have to close the program" are you referring to the LOR Sequence Editor?

As for the misc pixels being on, the first thing to check is that the ccr controllers are configured properly. You probably have already done this, but please check them again. There is a video tutorial covering this. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" and select "video tutorials". The SuperStar tutorials are at the bottom, look for "SuperStar CCR Configuration", go to 8 minutes into the tutorial for the part that covers the settings you must use on each CCR.

If that doesn't fix it, post another message and let me know your progress.

Yes I am refering to the LOR seq. editor. Second. I had changed the channel ID numbers but did not check the config. That was the issue. All 12 of the CCR's were set to Legacy. I went thru and set everything and all is good. Thnaks a ton Brian, you are the best. One other quick question. The images seem glitchy as they go by. If I up the Standalon Speed will that help it. I am only using 50 feet of cat 6 cable from computer to controllers.

Thanks again I am loving these ribbons.

\Don C.

Yes, it is important to set the network speed to "short range faster"

Yes, I love the ribbons too, especially when they are working properly!

Thanks. So i guess 50 feet is considered short range. What about the Hardware config where I have the Standalone speed set to 8. Should I increse that also.

Thanks again

\Don C.

Edited by redsea300

Dan Baldwin told me that "short range faster" should work for cat 5 cable up to 300 feet as long as it is good cable. Did you already have it at "short range faster"? Are the images still glitchy?

As for the standalone speed, I'm not even sure what that does, but for the way we are running it, the setting does not matter.

I am running really fast and good cat 6 cable. I was not on faster, it was set to reccomended. i will change it and try it tomorrow. I shut down for the night. I have been working on my display all weekend. Now for some family time.

Thanks for all you info and everthing you do to help all of us out. I really appreciate it.

Have a great rest of your night.

Don C.

Edited by redsea300