Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween CCR?

DCHMRT

Need some help trying to keep the old lady happy. This year she has decieded that she would like to decorate the front of the house for halloween. Of course it is up to me to put it all together. So in her fantasy of a perfect halloween scene she would like to have strobe lights turning on and off and diffrent colored lights coming on and off but of course they cant be too bright cause then it wouldn't be scary ( kill me now! :blink: )

So I was thinking instead of driving my self nuts trying to set all these diffrent props and lights I could just use 1 or 2 of my CCRs and have them fade from purple to red to green and throw in some random flashes of white to simulate the strobe. Has anyone ever done this? I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out Superstar to no avail. Could anyone help? Thanks alot!!!!

For a simple routine like that, I'd just sequence them in the standard sequencing software. It's actually pretty easy where you can program the 50 channels of RGB individually or use a macro and only program down to 1 RGB channel if you want. That's how I did my last Halloween where I have a video posted somewhere here in the forums (sorry I'm using tapatalk right now and don't know how to post links yet) and its how I plan to do this Halloween if I can just get the CCRs mounted this weekend in my new home. Good luck ad let us know how it works out!!! Happy Wife = Happy LOR owner!!

I would agree that the Superstar Sequence Editor is probably a bit much for this.

Take a look at this demo sequence. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it should give you a pretty good idea how to do simple color fades in the SE with CCR's.