Light-O-Rama Forums

Hi and Help

olduffer

Hi All, nice to meet ya! I just got the 16ch controller, and all the goodies. I want to load the software on 2 computers, do the sequencing in the house, and run the show from the puter in the garage. How do I go about getting the show from computer a to b, and what all files do I need to transfer. I looked over some of the other posts about this, but it was confussin to me with all the networking stuff.....

Thanks!!

Olduffer

After you install the software, the very first time you run it you will be asked where you want to store your Light-O-Rama files. If you accept the defaults, that directory is in your "My Documents" folder.

You would need to copy the contents of the "Sequences" and "Audio" directory to the other computer.

If you have different user names on the two computers, the directories will be different in name (most likely) thus once in the garage you would have to edit the musical sequences real quick. A way to get around this is to set both Light-O-Rama directories to the same place, or change the login on one of the computers to be the same as the other.

I might add to Don's comments above is that if you have two completely different OS on the two computers then you will have other issues. Example, Win 7 and Win XP put files in totally different locations. Same is true if you have Win 7 32-bit on one computer and 64-bit OS on the other. The main problem will be that on your show computer, it won't be able to find the media files.

Summary, try to work with the same OS on both computers and as Don says, use the same locations for installation and sequence data / media.