Light-O-Rama Forums

Installing light-o-rama on my main computer

paul

how do i go about installing light-o-rama software on my main computer ? I tried to install it just like i did on my laptop, but it said that there was a error because i have already installed it on my laptop i would guess. So how do i install it on my main computer? Any help would be great.

What was the error mesage? When installing the software, it has no way to know that you have it on another computer. Thus the fact that you already have it on your laptop wouldn't factor into any problems you are having with this install.

but it said that there was a error because i have already installed it on my laptop i would guess.

Was the error a License or install error? They were having problems for a few hrs last night with the License database at LOR

maybe this is why I cannot register my software as of 3;45 this afternoon :angry:

Any particular error message you are getting? That would help quite a bit in the troubleshooting.

The computer you are trying to register the software on is connected to the Internet, right?

Any particular error message you are getting? That would help quite a bit in the troubleshooting.

The computer you are trying to register the software on is connected to the Internet, right?

yes my comp is connected the error message I am getting they cannot find License number just purchased it last night'

yes my comp is connected the error message I am getting they cannot find License number just purchased it last night'

Drop them an email/work ticket. Should be able to resolve rather quickly. Sounds like database might not be caught up yet.

Okay. If possible, use the cut/paste functionality of your computer. It will be much easier to put in the license key that way.

Second, check your license here. If it shows up there, then it's highly likely a user input error. (So use cut/paste)

If it's not there, send a ticket to LOR Support. Something didn't go right. Be sure to include the email address you used to purchase the license with.

Okay. If possible, use the cut/paste functionality of your computer. It will be much easier to put in the license key that way.

Second, check your license here. If it shows up there, then it's highly likely a user input error. (So use cut/paste)

If it's not there, send a ticket to LOR Support. Something didn't go right. Be sure to include the email address you used to purchase the license with.

Thanyou just checked and license key cannot be found I will check tomorrow and if still have problems will contact LOR

This is going to be an issue with me I have been working on my sequences on my main computer but want to run my show on my laptop my main computer has windows 7 but my laptop has xp. any advise real advise

This is going to be an issue with me I have been working on my sequences on my main computer but want to run my show on my laptop my main computer has windows 7 but my laptop has xp. any advise real advise

For what it's worth, I haven't had any problems with this setup (last year, I had the reverse - sequencing on XP, running show on Win7). When you copy the sequence and audio from your main PC to the laptop, you should open the sequence on the laptop to make sure it's looking in the right place for the audio file, as the directory structure may be different. Then, re-save it on the laptop.

You could always reset your default LOR directory, and make sure it is in the same directory on both computers. (Ex: c:\my data\lordata)