Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie joy

Derek Venlet

When a couple of my mini-trees lit up when the software finally worked I almost cried. Thank you to everyone in this forum that has taken time to post helpful hints, tips and tricks. I deeply appreciate it. 10 months of reading posts is paying off now.

Now it's time to work like a mad man to get my first show up and ready for this year. Only 16 channels (maybe 32) this year that will control a 10 foot mega-tree and some other things around the yard.

Again, thanks and I'm open to comments, links or mentoring!

Good job reading up and educating yourself. We knew you could do it! Nothing better than seeing them light-up for the first time, even if they are laying on the floor in your living room.

• Like 1

If you almost cried for that....wait till you see all the smiles on all the faces that come to see your display.

"That's why we do it Charlie Brown"

Nice Job! :)

Well that didn't last long. I went to open the LOR program today and it says the following:

"Unexpected error getting shell path for ID 5" then has me choose a folder to put the program in again, then says "Error: Path/File access error On step: Copying user data files"

I'm reading posts on here like a mad man but wondered if someone had a simple solution/link.

Thanks so much.

Newbie joy neutralized at present. :-)

To clarify (in case it helps): I am able to open the LOR Hardware tab (that's how I got some lights blinking yesterday).

I am unable to open the LOR Control Panel and LOR Sequence Editor.

After lots of reading, re-reading, re-installing and praying it's now all working and I set up a quick little 4 mini-tree show for my wife (who likes it and asked, "Only 16 channels?"

Another thank you to all the helpful posts here and the people that sent me messages with suggestions.

Now back to work!

After lots of reading, re-reading, re-installing and praying it's now all working and I set up a quick little 4 mini-tree show for my wife (who likes it and asked, "Only 16 channels?"

Another thank you to all the helpful posts here and the people that sent me messages with suggestions.

Now back to work!

Buy more now while she is in that mood.

• Like 1

... "Only 16 channels?"...

That woman is a goddess!

Better mind your P's and Q's... If she ever decides you're unworthy, she could hang out here and find your replacement in a heartbeat...

Yeah, the lady of the house here said you might as well go ahead and do it this year. She was thinking like 16 channels...lol...at 96 now and one extra controller, just in case! I've been forbidden to do Halloween as that's all her's and her inflatables but I will play music to the front yard for her. No inflatables for Christmas in this yard...its all mine...lol :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well that didn't last long. I went to open the LOR program today and it says the following:

"Unexpected error getting shell path for ID 5" then has me choose a folder to put the program in again, then says "Error: Path/File access error On step: Copying user data files"

I'm reading posts on here like a mad man but wondered if someone had a simple solution/link.

Thanks so much.

Newbie joy neutralized at present. :-)

I'm getting the same issue. What was your solution?

Guest Don Gillespie

Yeah, the lady of the house here said you might as well go ahead and do it this year. She was thinking like 16 channels...lol...at 96 now and one extra controller, just in case! I've been forbidden to do Halloween as that's all her's and her inflatables but I will play music to the front yard for her. No inflatables for Christmas in this yard...its all mine...lol :D

Will disregard this statement as it opens to many doors to pass right on through with out getting kicked off the forum :P

• Like 1