Light-O-Rama Forums

LightORama Sequences

Denny

OK, I am curious now about the new Sequence store, specifically the ones that cannot be modified. I assume that by not being able to modify them, it also means we cannot rename the channels or drop the unmodified sequence into our own sequence. Correct? If we have more than 48 channels, these sequences could not be used by us, so we would have to get the sequences that can be modified in order to increase the channel count?

Correct.

The only things you can do with those sequences are edit the location of the media file, change the animation view (if you wanted to) and use the sequence in your shows.

You can not rename the channels, or modify the events within the sequence.

Now, that said, if you wanted to use that sequence in one of your own, you could do that. Keep in mind that since you can't change the controller/channels in the purchased sequence, you would have to change your other channels so they don't interfere. You could then insert a channel, define it as a sequence, and use it with your own sequence.

Now, that said, if you wanted to use that sequence in one of your own, you could do that. Keep in mind that since you can't change the controller/channels in the purchased sequence, you would have to change your other channels so they don't interfere. You could then insert a channel, define it as a sequence, and use it with your own sequence.

It would then be possible to insert channels after or before the purchased sequence for something like a mega tree, leaping arches, dmx, etc. If that is so, then I assume the inserted channels could be assigned to a network other than the programmed network of the purchased sequence.

Can a saved channel configuration be imported into the sequence, understanding that the pre-programmed sequence would overwrite the first 48 channels?

If no changes can be made, is it possible to use the visualizer?

It would then be possible to insert channels after or before the purchased sequence for something like a mega tree, leaping arches, dmx, etc. If that is so, then I assume the inserted channels could be assigned to a network other than the programmed network of the purchased sequence.

Can a saved channel configuration be imported into the sequence, understanding that the pre-programmed sequence would overwrite the first 48 channels?

If no changes can be made, is it possible to use the visualizer?

See my other post. Those are the only things you can do with those sequences. Adding channels, or importing a channel config into the sequence is not possible. If you want to use the purchased sequence in your show, along with other channels you have, you would have to import that sequence into your own, via the "insert channel" method I mentioned.*

It is possible to use the visualizer. Remember, the visualizer is going to read the data coming from the sequence.

* This does not mean you have to do anything special to use the sequence by itself. For those who may read this later and are just starting out, what you are reading is probably not what the average person is going to be doing.