Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help with programming RDS on EDM Transmitter

bgwyn

Hello Everyone,

I have followed the directions on how to set up the RDS on my EDM transmitter and I still can not get it to work. Grrrrrrr so aggravating. I believe I am not programming the Notepad command correctly as I am not very good with computers. If there is anyone who might be willing to help me for a few minutes I would sure appreciate it. I think about 10 min on the phone would do it if anyone has some time to help. Thank you, Buffy Gwyn

This definately took some effort last year for me. I used the document found here which helped me a lot. You need to make sure LOR is changing the text file as it is expected to, and also that the batch file does what you expect. Testing the batch file is easy, just run it in a command window and make sure the file you are calling in LOR is changed correctly. TO confirm thatthe command I entered in LOR was working, I had to monitor the file size in a windows explorer window.

This definately took some effort last year for me. I used the document found here which helped me a lot. You need to make sure LOR is changing the text file as it is expected to, and also that the batch file does what you expect. Testing the batch file is easy, just run it in a command window and make sure the file you are calling in LOR is changed correctly. TO confirm thatthe command I entered in LOR was working, I had to monitor the file size in a windows explorer window.

Very solid advice. It took some trial and error to get mine working.

Here's a topic that I posted a while ago about how to write a single RDS.BAT file that doesn't require making a different text file for every single sequence.

However, there's a problem. My BAT file has a bunch of backslashes (\) that the forum software ate. So I'm uploading a fixed version here: rds.txt

I have named it 'RDS.TXT' because the forum software doesn't allow BAT.

That file takes care of updated the text file with your song name in it. Next, you have to make sure the tinyRDS program is working properly. There are several steps to getting RDS to work, but we don't know at which step your problem is.

Is your transmitter actually transmitting an RDS signal? (Your FM receiver should be able to tell you this.) Can you set a static PS field? Can you set a station type?

• Like 1