Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR trouble some lights stay on

Guest guest

Hello

I'm putting together a light show for a Summer party and I'm having trouble with a couple channels. They worked fine last night, but now box 1 channel 16 stays on dim and box 3 channel 2 stays on dim even when the system is not running. I've reset each box and nothing seems to turn off the power to these channels, other than unplugging the box. I also tried a different set of lights on these channels with the same outcome. Any help would be great.

Thank you

Same thing happened to me. Contact LOR and they will fix your board pronto. In my case, an optical sensor for one of the triacs was bad. I emailed the support group, and they turned it around very fast!

Jerry.

This happened to me on several channels of LEDs on one box last year. Eventually I found that the polarity on the outlet was reversed. Once I fixed that, the problem went away.

I ran three extention cords to the boxes two boxes on one circuit/breaker and box three on another breaker/circuit. Then I tried swtching the power cords around but every time I plugged box 1 and box 3 in the two channels came on at a low intensity.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

This happened to me on several channels of LEDs on one box last year. Eventually I found that the polarity on the outlet was reversed. Once I fixed that, the problem went away.

How do I find out if the polarity is reversed? The whole thing worked correct for a day with the plug-ins the way they are. Then this problem happened.

OC Jerry wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Contact LOR and they will fix your board pronto. In my case, an optical sensor for one of the triacs was bad. I emailed the support group, and they turned it around very fast!

Jerry.

The triac could be bad? That would be a bummer. I hate to have to unplug everything to get the units repaired.

Chris

C. McGough wrote:

ChuckHutchings wrote:

How do I find out if the polarity is reversed? The whole thing worked correct for a day with the plug-ins the way they are. Then this problem happened.

Mine worked fine for a while as well. I didn't notice it until a very damp night when conditions were better to cause the problem.

The easiet way to test it (if you don't have a proper tester) is to grab a UPS unit off you PC or TV. On the back is usually an LED that lights up if the polarity is reversed or the ground is bad. Just plug the UPS into the outlet and see if the LED lights up. (Note that some power strips have this LED as well.)

Edit: If the only lights you're having problems with are LEDs then I suspect this could be your problem. If they are regular incandescents, I doubt that enough power will leak to ground to be visually detectable.

But I could be wrong. ;)