Light-O-Rama Forums

Tape Strip DMX

DocBrown86

There is a place where they sell the DMX stuff for LED tape strips. I read about it on here last year, but cant find it now... It was a really cheap price so I really hope someone can find the link again.

I'll explain in more detail.

I was looking into getting RGB strips for my display earlier this year. I just ordered 60 meters worth, and now need to get them to be DMX controllable. I figured back then that it would be very expensive, but someone on here posted a link to a thread that had a link to a site where they sell ghetto-ish looking stuff that gets the job done. I think they were like $3?

Now I cannot find the thread or remember the site...He also had a youtube tutorial on how to use his stuff for what I need to do.

Yeah, it was holiday coro. good call!

Edited by DocBrown86

I guess on Holidaycoro, the RGB DMX Controller - 3 Channel for LED Lights / 12v DC / (Version 2) is currently suspended.

Looks like it was $8.99.

Any ideas where I can find a product that will do the same thing for the same price??

Problem is how do you set the start address from the other suppliers, They default to channels 1-3, More than on an a universe will only duplicate the same on both controllers. David is working on a solution, give him a couple of days and lets see if he can get the problem resolved.

Holiday Coro had a supplier issue. Supplier changed the spec's of the controller chip and didn't tell Holiday Coro. The current address setting software is not able to change the starting addresses. David contracted a couple engineers to work on the issue. He had a blog detailing the time line but that also has been removed. Hopefully a solution will be had in the next couple weeks or sooner. Time to look for controllers with DIP settable addresses- downside is they are usually not water resistant.

• 4 weeks later...

HolidayCoro has resolved all issues with respect to the 3 Channel controllers and has released a free update to the programming software which allows even more functionality and built-in testing.