Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Lights FYI save money

paralegalnc

so I went out yesterday to solve me lighting issue for my roof. Went to Lowes, Big Lots, Ollies, Kmart, walmart, Home Depot to check out the prices of LED lights cuz I need alot.

Everyone had their Christmas stuff out except Home Depot. We were talking to our manager friend there and he said they are going to start setting it up the 15-16. We talked to him about what we are doing...most know...Lord we are there all the time.

He told me that they probably will do again this year like last year... that they do a trade. You will get a $3-$5 credit towards LED lights for every strand of incandencents lights you bring. Like $3 for 50 ct and $5 for 100 count+. He wasn't exact on the specifics. He said they do it every year. (watch, they won't do it this year) The lights dont have to work!

So this would be a good opportunity to upgrade. I know I have alot of strands that don't work, those pesky iciciles that I cant find the stupid burnt out bulb... I think I have enough to trade in to get the LEDs for my roof...

That is here in NC...I talked with a guy 50 miles away that works at another HD and he said "yeah, we do it too" so... check with your local HD store!

Just thought I'd pass along the information.

Typically they all do it. But I believe you are limited to returning 5 per transaction (was the rules last few years) unless you have a nice manager.

well see...there's the info I need! but saving is saving! I've looked at all the prices at all the stores... Bigs Lots had 40 feet of c7 foe $18 and 34.5 feet of c9s. but only in white and multi. I wanted my roof done it 3 different colors. for the cost effectiveness this our first year...may have to scale it back ...boooooo.....But if I can save some money.... and I know our manager will let us... heck we pay his salary between our home projects and our business... 5 transactions per person...well that's 10 right there... we'll just get a group and go to HD but thank you all for the updated info. You guys rock!

Before spending a lot of money at Home Depot some people say that the Martha Stewart brand that they sell WILL NOT DIM so watch out for this.

Earle

Guest Don Gillespie

If I remember correctly you were asking about the roof lights IMO get what you need for the roof lights this go round then wait for the sales in January to fill the rest of your display up with LEDS, just a thought, should save you a lot of extra dollars. :)

Before spending a lot of money at Home Depot some people say that the Martha Stewart brand that they sell WILL NOT DIM so watch out for this.

Earle

I agree. I personally have some of those and they do not dim. Sold by Home Depot...pass on those.

Just to add to this topic on Home Depot. I saw the Christmas display today and was very surprised they have seemed to step up they're game. RGB strips with controller, longer tube meteor drips, different styled led bulbs. Vendors on here carry better stuff but just pretty cool to see they are jumping out there.

It seems to be hard to find solid color strands at retail outlets -- unless you want all white. If you are lucky they might have two different colors -- white and something else.....

Jerry

Sams Club, Lowes, BigLots, HobbyLobby all have their Christmas items up. I've not been into Home Depot here yet to see if they do but probably do. When I was last in Target, a few lights were out.

Homedepot in central jersey has red, green, warm white. They put this 8 ft led tree out in blue and 1 in ice white. They sparkle and come with a 1 1/2 ft diameter ball and control box(hackability?).what is really nice about them is the construction. Steel rings with solid poles all weather proofed with an exterior paint coat. With all that said I still order from cdi.