Light-O-Rama Forums

All lights on when plugged in

cfuson

is there a way to have all the lights come on when the controller is plugged in (standalone) and have it scheduled (no music). I want to have them all come on as I will not be using any sequences until trick or treat night or have them come on at dusk and the light show start an hour later.

Thanks

The only way I know for that to work is the controller would have to have a show set up for that. As controller standalone, only the commercial controller will do that and since I'm not familar with those, can't say how that would work.

If you're using your PC to run the shows with a CTB16PC controller, you just set the time schedule for your show to come on at say 5:30pm {or whatever time it gets dusk} and have that as show 01 and end it 1 minute before your musical light show starts, then set up show 02 for the times you want your musical show to start and end. You may/may not want to set show 02 as an empty {no light commands} sequence as show 02 and then have your actual show as show 03. This way show 02 turns off all lights before your actual show starts.

If using a Mini or DC-MP3 Director unit, you would have to create a DUMMY MP3 file, this is just a 10, 20 or 30 second MP3 that contains nothing but silence and basically set the shows up as stated prior. Just have to create a sequence for the dummy MP3 file with all lights on, you may want to create a second dummy sequence and have it as show 02 that would be a sequence with no lighting commands, this would turn off ALL LIGHTS BEFORE your actual show starts, or you could use an announcement file and turn off all lights at the end by leaving all the last cells blank to announce your show will be starting in about 1 minute, end this about 1 minute before your actual show time, which would now be show 03 for the actual show.

It might sound a little complicated in the post here, but once you do it, you'll see how easy it really is to do,

Edited by Orville

Guest wbottomley

The 16PC controller a little memory that can store commands. Make a short animation sequence with all on - 10 seconds. I've never tried it, but that option should work. Then place the controller on a timer and all should be good.

By the way... you'll need to download that sequence to the controller through the hardware utility.