Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sale starts June 12th!

Guest guest

I don’t want to put any words in Dan (LOR) mouth, but to quote / paraphrase from his own post last month. During the 07 sale they will be selling / Pre-Orders (At Sale Price) the DMX controller for LOR. Which also means LOR II is right around the corner; June 12th, December 26th – who knows but one step there, I am AOK with LOR I may be one of the few not sitting on the edge of the seat for it and asking ever few weeks for an update.
One thing I would like to see form LOR is a roadmap on where they are heading, no dates and DRAFT – just an idea, especially since most of us have a large amount invest in there equipment. I defiantly want to see LOR have a strong business and

I know this year I am set on LOR equipment, 6 Showtime units, 40 AMP upgrade ‘kit’, and adding a massive sub panel. A lot all ready for the first year. But I know next year I want to look into DMX and video. After Ken Goods presentation at The TCL workshop, I defiantly have the bug, for DMX at less. If the price is right I may pick one up. I don’t want to be see from space or even have a line down the street, but I may want to have a freaken CIRQUE show setup (Ok maybe only concert level, but you get what I am saying), especially since most of us have FAR excited the Clark W. Griswold.

Sorry Dan for putting in from of the Bus, but had to find off the 900 14 year old asking when will LOR II be out.

Post Subject: LOR 2 Post Date: 01 April 2007

LightORama wrote:

FandomFilms wrote:
What's the latest with LOR II? I'm waiting to purchase some DMX lights for this year's display and being new to them I want to make sure that I get the right stuff.

We will have DMX this year ( 100%) certainty...

We have the open DMX interface module as described in Jerry's post. It is somewhat trivial to interface to that module and it is great for some applications. However it is not the best fit for LOR so we will be providing our own interface module.

With LOR a lot of work is accomplished in the controllers and to keep with that distributed model the DMX interface will need to emulate a LOR controller. It is certainly not the only way things can be accomplished but we believe it is the best way.

If the DMX modules are not yet in stock during this year's sale we will be taking pre-orders at sale prices.

hbomb341 wrote:

Sorry Dan for putting in from of the Bus, but had to find off the 900 14 year old asking when will LOR II be out.

What is that ^ supposed to mean?

We get questions about LOR II from people of all ages! I expect the questions and believe me I understand why people ask.

It has been a long wait. The current version has had some slick changes (like the waveform) while we have been waiting.

ndiaz wrote:

hbomb341 wrote:

What is that ^ supposed to mean?

If I can recall, us 14 year olds haven't asked once about LOR II.

I was referring more to mental … mature know how stuff works and is done but has no patients; the are we there YET, even thou they can read a map and do the basic math (Miles/speeds = Time Left). Wasn’t mint to be an insult, just hate the question after it has been answer, watch a press conference and you will see what I mean.

I was referring more to mental … mature know how stuff works and is done but has no patients; the are we there YET, even thou they can read a map and do the basic math (Miles/speeds = Time Left). Wasn’t mint to be an insult, just hate the question after it has been answer, watch a press conference and you will see what I mean.

END of discussion, don’t want the thread filled with junk or hijacked. If you wan to complain feel free to PM and I will feel free to ignore.

But good news Don didn’t deny the DMX controller orders during the sale.

They say timing is everything. I do have one question (crossing fingers) how long will the sale last?

I want to make sure I time my order just right.

TY Dan. Love your product.

hbomb341 wrote:

I don’t want to put any words in Dan (LOR) mouth, but to quote / paraphrase from his own post last month. During the 07 sale they will be selling / Pre-Orders (At Sale Price) the DMX controller for LOR.

Actually, I believe he said they were hoping to have the dmx controller ready to go for the sale. I haven't given up hope of that happening yet, but, I will definitely be in on the pre-order if not.