Light-O-Rama Forums

Programming Holidaycoro DMX controller

Big Island Brandon

I've been running LOR for 8 years but this is my first year taking a stab at DMX. I got my luminaries up and running fairly easy for Halloween using a 27 channel dmx controller. But these 3 channel units have caused me to turn a bit more gray! I solved my random flashing and flickering by adding a termintor resistor to the end of the dmx line. Although, I was having the problem when I was just running one controller but it disappeared (without the termintor) when I hooked up all six. I was very excited to finally have it figured out and got everything hooked back up and ready to test. Then a new problem....I wasn't getting the right colors and the two end controllers were not running correctly. After several more hours, it occurred to me that it was only the blue channels of the last two that were not working. Fortunately, I had recalled reading about the +1 channel issue. So, took it all apart again and reprogrammed them. Last night was the first night everything ran smoothly! It's been a headache...but well worth it! Can't wait to add some more dmx features! I do plan to add the Enntec Pro but it will probably be next year due to my limited budget this year!