Light-O-Rama Forums

Total Noob here with issue.

bblumka

First year I am doing this and have 5 controllers and two more on the way. Only problem is is my hard drive crashed and I didn't have anything backed up. Yeah Yeah I know!! Anyways breathing life back into my computer. I DL'd v3.7 last nite and getting LOR Hardware Utility program up and running now. As I said I have 5 controllers hooked up to the computer but the utility program only sees one. I'm sure it prolly just a noob mistake so don't try reading too much into this like hardware issues and contacting LOR and such. Anyone with any suggests as to what I need to?

First thing to do is connect only 1 controller at a time to the HU, then verify that each controller has a different ID. If you haven't done that, most likely they are all set to the same ID, which is why the HU only see's 1 ID. Try that and let us know the results, Thanks.

I set those up initially when I got them. Since then my hard drive crashed and I've installed a new hard drive. I was thinking that those controllers should still have the ID set from pre-crash, correct?

Depending on how the hard drive crashed, you might still be able to recover your files. If the disk trashed itself its probably done but if it still spins, it might be possible to get to the files. There are data recovery services available too but not cheap but might be worth it if you've got a lot of time invested.

Ok, so you had to reload all of the LOR software. Which also means you have to reload the USB Driver and inside of the HWU program you need to insure that the MAX address in the upper right (I think that is where it is in the window) is set to an address at least one ID higher than your highest addressed controller. Dont remember what the default is, but thinking like 09. Dont know how you addressed your controllers so this might be an issue also.

Guest Don Gillespie

if you do get your files back make sure to copy your sequences and audio on something you can use when this happens again I use a Data Traveler actually I use 2 of them in case I lose one remember back up files even when your are sequencing