Light-O-Rama Forums

What are these lights for?

jeff bush

So today I start getting down from the attic the totes and cardboard boxes with lights I have purchased since last year to sort through and start the process. No parking in my side of the garage for a while (wife's side open of coarse :) I'm opening the cardboard boxes and thinking, what the heck did I buy these lights and what did I have in mind to do with them! No complaining about having them but in future, I will be writing on the boxes of new lights next year "Jeff...this is why you brought these" So I stand back, grab a beer, and ponder my reasoning.

Hope I'm not the only one

Nope!

When I decided I wanted the flying reindeer and sleigh, I ended up with 3 sleighs! One is brand new in the box!

I have found extension cords I forgot.

Better than thinking you have some lights then find out you don't!

Nope, you're not alone. I've bought things, stored them, later getting things out and pondered the same question: "Why did I buy these?" and "What were they for? Replacement of a bad strand? A new prop, or just extra additions to the display? Or for backup purposes in case of a major strand failure?" I may never know what or why.... LOL

So nope, you're definitely not alone on this one.

Ordered 2000' of Spt wire last week. Just found 6 250' spools that I had ordered extra last year for that "just in case" time. Oh well, I'll have to write myself a memo for next year. Just in case.

I did that too, but did remember to write myself a note. The only problem is I don't know where I left the note!

• Like 1

I did that too, but did remember to write myself a note. The only problem is I don't know where I left the note!

Now you're sounding like me. :P

Heck, I have a 3 foot tall stack of incandescent lights I bought about 4 years ago for home. Of course the following year I barely got the home show up, let alone any upgrades. Now, I have 2 years with no show at home for lack of time. This is looking like 3.. I think I'll be skipping Halloween for lack of time... I have at best a very rough idea of what some of those lights are for. But who knows if any of it will actually pan out, or if things will heavily change direction before then...

Better than thinking you have some lights then find out you don't!

Guilty. Bought a bunch if LEDs from one of the big box stores last year after Xmas. They were meant for my mini trees. Went to get them strung in June, only to discover, for some stupid reason, that I miscalculated by 8 trees worth (I have 36 total). Now, I'm waiting to find the same brand out on the shelf so I can finish the job. ...sigh...

So I stand back, grab a beer, and ponder my reasoning.

Hope I'm not the only one

Nope, your not alone. I drink beer and ponder too.

Sometimes I ponder first which makes me drink beer.

What I find helpful in successful pondering is having a couple beers BTW.

I often wonder, how come LOR doesn't have a Smiley with a beer?

post-42-0-94685700-1349470225.gif

Guilty. Bought a bunch if LEDs from one of the big box stores last year after Xmas. They were meant for my mini trees. Went to get them strung in June, only to discover, for some stupid reason, that I miscalculated by 8 trees worth (I have 36 total). Now, I'm waiting to find the same brand out on the shelf so I can finish the job. ...sigh...

Having that same issue myself lol, started the lights on the house last weekend and found out a was one set short of icicle lights for the house

Same here i am 1 strand short for my spiral mega tree. I think i was going to do the 16th channel as a star but cant remember. I also bought an arse load of white LED's and now i sit here and wonder where do i put them? did i have something in mind? If so what was it? Not a bad predicament to be in.

Oh can i have one of those beers so we can sit and ponder together?

Nope, your not alone. I drink beer and ponder too.

Sometimes I ponder first which makes me drink beer.

What I find helpful in successful pondering is having a couple beers BTW.

I often wonder, how come LOR doesn't have a Smiley with a beer?

I kept finding good deals last year after Christmas, so I have a lot of "extras" that I too was thinking would be cool. Like all of you, I don't remember what I was going to do with them. Not setting up mine this first year out, till the day after Halloween when all that comes down. I've giving myself a month to do the job but expect it'll take a couple of days to get it up and running/testing. First light up will be the day after Thanksgiving.

It's nice to have a laugh before all the fun starts and we are all too tired to post

"If your not having fun, your doing it wrong"

• Like 1

I just found a plastic container full of 6-foot extension cords I bought for 37 cents each at Target in early January. Forgot I had bought those. Of course, I found them after I made a bunch of SPT cords last month. :wacko:

• The topic was locked