Light-O-Rama Forums

Need some input

captainron19

So I had a small maple tree out in front of my house that had 3 channels committed to it (Red, Green, Multi Color) - the tree was slowly dying ...most likely due to all of the lights I kept loading on it (at least thats what my wife says)

Anyway I replaced it with a small Japanese Maple which obviously no lights will go on. So i was thinking about putting something int he vicinity to take up those 3 channels and still utilize 1 channel for red, 1 fro green and 1 for multicolor

I thought of the possibility of a small mega tree or something similiar..... anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by captainron19

novel idea.. heard about it somehwere.. I'm partial to a cactus.. wire frame.. wrapped wit' red, green and blue light strings.. make it change color.. :D

Well, I just replaced a huge ornamental pear with a Japanese Maple. It's probably only 7' tall, may 1.5" trunk diameter. I was planning on hanging lights on it. Is there something I should know about Japanese Maples, or is it just that if the trees are too small the lights can be a bit top heavy?

Thanks guys.... think I decided to do a mini mega tree. I bought the smaller hook head setup from CLS and gonna use it with the 10' 1.25" black pipe and I also bought the stand for the pipe that I can use for the legs also as per their site.

I have been putting lights on my Japanese Maples for about 5 years, started when they were about 5 foot tall and I keep then trimmed so the are only about 10 foot tall now.. of course I may not be putting as many lights as some as you do about 700 on each now, but i have not had any issues. Also these are standard Japanese Maples not the feather leaf. My biggest problems have been that the leaves do not want to fall off before I have to put lights on them and they are thick