Light-O-Rama Forums

Curtain Strobes

ScubaVinny

Hey everyone. Quick question. I was thinking about getting some C9 curtain strobes. Can these be used with a standard C9 strand? I have a lot of extras laying around. It would be cool to just screw in the strobes and go. Thanks for your help.

I bought zenon strobes and put them into a standard C9 cord. Worked just fine in testing. First out for me so the real test is yet to come.

hey vinny,

you are correct you can just add strobes to a c9 cord. i've done that some strobes that i have. the only issue you may have is appearance. most c9 cords aren't spaced apart very far. i have some in a tree and the spacing didn't matter. i also have strobes on a 250' length down a tree line. i used spt1 cord and sockets and spaced them out every ten feet. it worked out fine and i can cover a long area without any issues. you can always skip a socket or 2 or 5 to space out your strobes.

also just be careful if you are going to use them with a sequence in lor. make sure that the channel that the strobes is on is only used as on or off. if you try to use fades or other effects it will burn up your strobes quickly. most strobes have a second or two to warm up so turn them on a second or so before you want to to actually turn on. it can take a little playing with it to make it blink at the right spot.

best of luck and welcome to the insanity.