Light-O-Rama Forums

Loops with animation

Guest guest

We are working on our first animation and musical sequence. I have made an animation and part of a musical sequence & it works, but now i don't know what the loops do and how to use them. Tried reading the LOR help, but am still confused! Also not sure if I checked the loops box when I started the animation. Is there a way to turn them on after the fact? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Gerald & Rosemary Corey

loops only work in animations, not musical sequences...for example, if you want something lit to do a chase 10 times then go to another thing like twinkle youd do a single chase and loop that chase 10 times then have it go to twinkle. when you start a new project you have to choose new animation in order to use the loops...i wish i could explain better but unfortunately i cant lol...i learned by just playing around and hitting things till i got it to do what i want...best way to learn is to 1) read read read and 2) poke and hope LOL...sorry if none of this helps

If you like a section of an animation and you want to loop it and you didn't set up the loops start a new animation with loops and then cut what you want from the old animation and paste it into the new one with loops.

Sounds easy, but I'm still not clear on exactly what the function does. Is it still tied to the particular channel? If the same items in the animation are used with all the music, do I still do a new animation? Appreciate your quick answers! Thanks

R Corey

R Corey -

As stated above by Johnny Christmas, you can't use loops with musical sequences. It has to be animation only. No loops in musical sequences. Sorry.

D.T.

quackgr wrote:

Sounds easy, but I'm still not clear on exactly what the function does. Is it still tied to the particular channel? If the same items in the animation are used with all the music, do I still do a new animation? Appreciate your quick answers! Thanks

R Corey

it applies to ALL channels...and again, its only animation...NOT music

quackgr wrote:

R Corey

When you create a loop, you're telling all channels to repeat what they just did for the length of the loop. You can do the same thing without loops by copying and pasting, but that can get difficult if you have lots of channels.

Here is what an Animation Loop looks like when you use the Sequence editor.
In the picture you will see I setup my first loop that ramps up and down from 0 to 2 seconds. I set the loop for 5 loops. After the 5 loops it moves on to twinkle from 2 to 3 seconds and loops 5 times. When that loop finishes it moves on to the next.
After the last loop it returns to the beginning and loops the entire sequence again. The looping continues based on the number of times you set it to loop. After the final loop it quits the sequence.

Does that help?

Attached files 133800=7979-loop2.jpg