Light-O-Rama Forums

Do U need a single C7 Socket, Bulb and cord? All for $1.00 at Dollar Tree!

Orville

Anyone looking to light a Jack O' Lantern, like a funkin or replace a C7 lamp in a blowmold, Dollar Tree has a complete single C7 Clear Bulb, Socket with metal spring clip, Cord and Thumbwheel switch already all wired and ready to go. The cord, switch and socket are all white and the best of it is, they are only $1.00, that's right ONE DOLLAR!

I was at a Dollar Tree and they have a LOT of these in the several stores I visited in my area {Orlando, FL}, so get them while you can!

The switch can be removed and the wire spliced for outdoor use. Or you can do what I've done to use them outdoors, wrap the switch tightly with electrical tape if the need is immediate and you don't want to take the time to remove the switch and splice the wires together.

This is the best deal I've found on a single complete ready to use C7 socket that included the bulb and everything you need to light a Jack O' lanterm or use in a BlowMold that uses C7 sockets and bulbs.

So these are also great for those DIY'ers that modify things to use outdoors or in other projects they want to illimunate with a C7 bulb!.

Just thought I'd pass this on to all the folks here!

I've used similar cords outside with no modification. I would not recommend touching the switch if the cord is wet (or touching it at all outside, just leave it on)

I've used similar cords outside with no modification. I would not recommend touching the switch if the cord is wet (or touching it at all outside, just leave it on)

Yes, it is quite an exhilerating experience. :P

Sorry Tim, just couldn't resist. ;)

• The topic was locked