Light-O-Rama Forums

How are visualization files interpreted by SS? Layout is odd for me.

petek157

I have created a visualization with two CCP's (4-strings). I set them with their appropriate Unit ID's 6,7,8 and 9.

In SS when I set the layout to visualization the layout of the channels are horizontal which is fine, but the channels from top to bottom are 9, 7, 8 and 6.

Is there a way to re-order these in SS, or am I setting it up in visualizer incorrectly?

I figured if I knew how SS interpreted the vis. file then I could set it up so that SS sets the order like I intend it to be.

Thanks,

Pete

SuperStar does its best to sort the items in the visualization and assign them to sequencing rows that make sense. But there may be cases where it doesn't do it the way you want. In your case, are the CCPs vertical? If they are, realize that the way to think of it, is that a vertical matrix gets rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. So in a vertical matrix, the columns are numbered 1,2,3,4 from left to right, and in a horizontal matrix, the rows are numbered 1,2,3,4 from bottom to top. If I don't do it that way, then sequences on a vertical matrix become a mirror image when placed on a horizontal matrix. Its a bit hard to explain without a picture, hope the above made sense.

Also, if you have the most recent version (3.7.0) then when you import the visualization there is an option to make the sequencing grid vertical. If your matrix is vertical then that is probably what you want to do and it should order the strings left to right, 6,7,8,9.

All that being said, there is a way to order the strings any way you want. In your case, you would make the 4 CCPs in a prop. And then in the Prop wizard there is a place where you can change the order. You can place them in any order you want and SuperStar will use that order.

I was just coming here to post that I packaged the strings into props and it laid them out better. Like you said above 6,7,8,9 from bottom to top.

I know this is off topic, but I am trying to put in some DMX strings which I have done and works in SS. I have 2-CCP's and 1-45 Channel DMX string (hoping to have 5-45 channel strings) and when I go to export it says that I am only allow 600 Channels. For upgrading purposes should I just multiple the number CCR's per level by 150 to get what level license I will need?

If my thinking is correct I would need to go to an 8 CCR license?

Thanks Brian

PS. Spider web is great. Thats what I am attempting to light up ;)

Yes, that is correct, 150 channels per CCR.

Would love to see the spider web when you are done!