Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Living LEDs

Mwhite7097

Has anyone used Holiday Living LEDs from Lowes? I am looking at buying 40 strings of the 50 Count LEDs because I need the shorter 12.5' string but I don't know if these are dimmable. The price is a couple dollars less than the GE strings and are in stock right now. Thank you.

Saw those as well..I'll probably buy a box just to check, but I use snubbers on any channel that has more than 20 strings on it...

Thanks. For the price I may get a couple strings and test them. I like the dimmable out of the box. I have used the snubbers in the past but todays LEDs are better and there is less flickering (with the right type). I buy almost most of my lights from Creative Displays and they are great but they don't have the 12.5' strings. I used some GEs last year and they were fine but they are not in stock right now and I need to get building.

I've got some of those from Lowes and I think they worked ok. What did not work was from Home Depot, some "Martha" LED strings...will not dim at all. Now the suprising thing I found was that, so far, all of the LED strings I've bought at BigLots, work just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

As a newbie with a 32 channel set up, I have Holiday Living LEDs ( C-6 and icicles) and have plugged them into my LOR and they fade just fine.

Holiday Living LEDs from Lowes

The ones I purchased last year (C3 promos) are half wave, however, they dim great. There is minimal flicker. The only downfall is that they have replaceable bulbs.

I have spent a couple of weeks coating the bulbs and sockets with di-electric grease. It's a P I A but don't plan on replacing them after a season or two

Edited by Dave H1