Light-O-Rama Forums

happyholidayhome 2012 Halloween Show preview!

thebaronn

Hello!

The last few years I have always done a small preview of what the annual Halloween show will include. I think it started 3 years ago because I was so excited about my new Galaxia lights (that went well). This year we will have Rex Salazar and Van Kleiss from the Cartoon Network series Generator Rex! (same guys that created Ben 10!).

I went with a different approach this year. Hope you enjoy!

Sorry, just didn't get it. Found this video rather boring to be quite brutally honest. Didn't seem to correlate to LOR or any type of animated lightshow display. Just left me with feeling like this: :unsure::rolleyes:

Sorry, just didn't get it. Found this video rather boring to be quite brutally honest. Didn't seem to correlate to LOR or any type of animated lightshow display. Just left me with feeling like this: :unsure::rolleyes:

Apparently my different approach sucks....

So the teaser is a bomb, only 1 out of 3 people have liked it (probably since he is 9 years old and watched the cartoon). The show will have lights like previous years.

We try, we fail, we try again. C'est la vie

Edited by thebaronn
  • Like 1

I don't know, Ben 10 is pretty hard to top. Can't wiat to see it, your shows are my kids favorites.

Thank you! Do your kids know Generator Rex? I rank it right up there with Ben 10! (have you seen the new Ben 10 Omniverse? the animation isn't my favorite, and why did kevin and gwen leave? and no more Ultimate Aliens?? they're killing me!)

Rex can create machines which he calls "builds" as of now we will only have the Smack Hands and Big Fat Sword. But I am working on the punk Busters, it will be a last minute addition if I have time.

But this year, at the end of the show, I am pretty sure that we will be visited by Captain Jack Harkness. He will be a year early, but that's okay! time and relative dimension in space!

Do you have a link to Ben 10? Not sure if it's the video I'm thinking of or not. Liked your New Years video.

Thank you for the New Years compliment! Here is the Ben10 from 2009 (this is an updated version to show an upclose transformation from Humongousaur to Ultimate Humongousaur!). And yes, I always watch my own videos and my kids always want to watch them and every time I do I realize that I have been using that same talking pumpkin since 2007, LOL! Every year I think about reworking it (especially after that LMFAO guy had the quartet that was so huge) but then my plans are always way outta hand and it gets put on the back burner that doesn't work.

http://youtu.be/-cxdM-zoOEA

Thank you for the New Years compliment! Here is the Ben10 from 2009 (this is an updated version to show an upclose transformation from Humongousaur to Ultimate Humongousaur!). And yes, I always watch my own videos and my kids always want to watch them and every time I do I realize that I have been using that same talking pumpkin since 2007, LOL! Every year I think about reworking it (especially after that LMFAO guy had the quartet that was so huge) but then my plans are always way outta hand and it gets put on the back burner that doesn't work.

Yet another amazingly different style and application of LOR!

Though I don't know what its about, I enjoyed the video. I can appreciate that a LOT of work went into this show!

Bravo!

tj

Yep, that's the one I was thinking about. It was fun to see it again. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any videos yet?

Thank you for asking!

Worst night ever.....

LSP didn't work.....

Scheduled 3 camera people (family and friends). 1 showed up....

Of course it was my mother and she it the worst with electronics.......

The video is terrible...(a lot of ground video and shakky cam, like watching the bourne identity!)

Somehow she reset the settings I had in place, s the lighting it nn-existant....

And I can't get any computer to recognize the Hard drive on the Camera. 3 at work...3 at my house...2 at my friends house...(through the usb cable) windows just wants to format the drive. But it was working just fine for the video I shot for the Halloween Teaser!!!!

So i ordered a firewire cable (because of course no where around here has them anymore) and I hope it wil be here next week. If that doesn't work I will have to use a component converter (cause I can watch it on the TV just fine)

Sigh.......

the good news it, that Van Kliess comes back on the 13th. If I cannot get a decent copy, I am going to do the show again!

Yes, I am that crazy.

I will let you know.

The kids loved it, again, the only person disappointed was me.....

So, here is the new thread with video! Let me know what the kids think! H

Apparently my kids know exactly what this is, they are excited now for the final video.

Here is the new thread with video!

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23874-generator-rex-2012-halloween-show-at-the-happyholidayhome/

Let me know what the kids think!

Thank you

Eric

• 4 weeks later...