Light-O-Rama Forums

2000 lights too few

Sneely

Is 2000 lights too few to start with a 16 channel controller ? I have led rope lights and led icicle lights white and blue can I make a good show from this I have some rope lights up already they look clean

Well, when it comes to light I believe the more the merrier!

Seriously 2000 isnt a bad start, do your best with what your comfortable using, and set it up so you like it. Most importantly HAVE FUN!

It all depends on what you are trying to do. At the moment I have 43 feet of white LED light rope (on 17 channels), and 3 incan lights (each on it's own channel). Today I completed 3 RGB dumb LED strips for a total of 27 feet on 9 channels. It looks nice for what it's supposed to be. I'm not trying to do a fancy show however - just landscape lighting.

I think that is enough. I started with about 2000 I think last year I was at about 4000. If the 2000 lights are on a 1000 sq ft single story house and they are the bright white LED then your good.

If you pay more attention to the number of your bulbs than you do of the quality of your show, you're soon to be listed on the Tacky Light Tour website. Use the mantra, "Quality over quantity" and you'll be proud of your show.

I love the Tacky Light website listing, but as mentioned its what you want to to do with the lights, if making Arches 2000 lights go very fast. Eight sections with 100 lights = 800 lights per arch so 3 arches quickly add up, but if stringing along gutters or rooflines you can see the 2000 individual lights.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by Techster

I also say besides you got to start somewhere. Is that this leaves you room to grow each year. And each year your repeat viewers are treated to something new each year. Thats the way my show has been for the past 4 years, something new each year.

Guest Don Gillespie

I also say besides you got to start somewhere. Is that this leaves you room to grow each year. And each year your repeat viewers are treated to something new each year. Thats the way my show has been for the past 4 years, something new each year.

ditto thats exactly how I have done things, also gives your viewers something new to look at each year

ditto thats exactly how I have done things, also gives your viewers something new to look at each year

good point,I also think starting small is sometimes better than having 30000 lights and not having enough channels to control them

Agree with adding each year. Every year we have added and now are putting in a spiral mega tree for 2012.

Addiction is the key to success!

• Like 1

If you pay more attention to the number of your bulbs than you do of the quality of your show, you're soon to be listed on the Tacky Light Tour website. Use the mantra, "Quality over quantity" and you'll be proud of your show.

Oh it's not like that at all. I think I'm going about it the right way , I spent 8 hrs on my first sequence trying to make it look right , of course I'm on vacation and all I can think of is getting the rest of my lights up and running I've edited my sequence 4 times already

Also depends if you went over budget yet! If not, get some shopping done and get those bushes covered in lights :D

• Like 1