Light-O-Rama Forums

Intermittent Relay 120

columbus27

I am looking for something that is already built that has an intermittent relay in and a 120v input and out put socket.

Huh? :wacko:

Edited by tjflory

My project is I am putting a motion detector in my can donation box. When a person drops a can in a spinning light will come on and I would like the lights on the box to chase.

My project is I am putting a motion detector in my can donation box. When a person drops a can in a spinning light will come on and I would like the lights on the box to chase.

Sounds like this could be as simple as using a motion sensor on one of the triggers of your LOR controller, a simple sequence in the interactive tab of your show editor and a chasing light string.

Read up on your controllers triggers and the interactive tab in show editor.

tj

Edited by tjflory

Relay would be before the lights. Here let me try to explain like this. wall outlet on the left, then wire leading to the input side of relay. Wire leaving to the right and with socket for lights on the right. Then above relay will be two leads going out to a switch. Switch closes for say 2 seconds. This trips the relay, but relay holds energized for 1 minute. He asked for an intermittent relay. But a delay off would do the trick too, so long as either relay resets when time is over. The switch would have to provide dry contacts for N.O. This switch could be a micro switch attached to a door or tipping bucket, or a motion detection like a PIR.

Think stand alone and using the above linked light string. Dont need no stinking LOR for this job. (think blazing saddles "we dont need not stinking badges")

Edited by Max-Paul
  • Like 1

If you're interested, I did something similar for my donation box. I dint use a motion detector. Rather, a switch. Link to the thread is below.