Light-O-Rama Forums

connect lights in paralell

ranjanpa

Guest wbottomley

I have three focus lights each having a female vampire plug. I want to connect them in paralell so that they can be on the same LOR channel. How can I do this. What plugs do I need.

Thanks

You'll need to consult a licensed electrician for that type of purpose.

Right you are Will. I am only an Electrician. So, Don your stab at it (I got it) is not a good idea. Putting male plugs on the other end (not the end that you are plugging into a wall outlet) is not safe in the least bit. Good way to get a electrical shock. Or have it short to ground and give a person a Heart Attack.

Ya, wonder what idiot put female connectors on a light? Cut them off and put male connectors on the lights is my advice.

I'm curious, why do they have female plugs on them?? Most lights have a male plug on the end.

Never heard of such a thing either. Maybe the OP is having a gender identification problem and they are actually male parts that they are working with.

• Like 1

I'm assuming he meant male plugs and wants to know how to connect three of them to a single LOR dongle. And to that, I say "triple tap"?

Tim, you know what they say about "assuming". I was almost killed when some Ah hole Management told the electrician that was on the primary plant power switch, that everyone was clear of the LCUSs. When in fact I had a few minutes earlier told to open a cover near the lightening arrestors. Just bad practices to assume anything when it comes to electricity. Not out to bust your chops. I just would not advise others based on assuming that they dont know what they are saying.

Not out to bust your chops. I just would not advise others based on assuming that they dont know what they are saying.

Bust away :) I'm still scratching my head too- I can't imagine someone's never heard of a triple-tap...

Bust away :) I'm still scratching my head too- I can't imagine someone's never heard of a triple-tap...

Is that what they have at a bar with three draft beers???

• Like 2