Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor Channel Wizard

ShaggySS

Is there such a thing?

When I first setup my 2012 channel template I created the 700+ RGB DMX channels very quickly and easily in the sequence editor. For the past hour I have tried to figure out how I did it but I can't figure it out. It was easy to update in the visualizer. I just used the "Channel Wizard" and quickly redid all my channel configuration for the visualizer but I can't remember how to do that in the sequence editor and I don't know if I am explaining it correctly. I guess what I am looking for is a similar wizard for the sequence editor.

The only option I can find it to reorder all of my channels one by one from 252 to 510.

are you wanting to put your new channel config in a new sequence?,if so then export your new channel config save it as such then import it into the new sequence. if you have added your channels to the bottom of your old songs then you can also import the config into your old songs as well

When I setup my channel template I added sections of my roofline one at a time and grouped them nicely together.

For example I added the a section of my roofline which I specified as DMX Universe 7 channels 1-165. Then I added another section DMX Universe 7 channels 166-316 and I did this for all 4 sections of my roof and then grouped them into RGB. It was quick and easy. Just like the Visualizer Channel Wizard.

The only way I can figure out how to do that now is to add each group and then go in and number each channel one by one which for 700 channels would take me quite some time.