Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple extension cords on single channel

MikeHeather

Hello:

I am planning to make my own extension cords with SPT-1 and vampire plugs; however, I want to be able to plug in multiple cords into a controller channel. Similiar concept to where you can plug light strands into each other at the power source. I haven't seen any vampire plugs that let you do this.

What is the secret in doing this?

Cheers,

Mike

Mike if you have not bought your plug ends yet,then buy inline female plug ends. they go in the middle of a run and you can put as many as you need,just don't exceed channel amps or cord amps. but if you have the plug ends already you can notch them so the cord will pass through. also make sure the plugs polarity are the same in the line not to cause problems

Good Point ......Thanks for adding the amps and polarity part ........I guess I just assume to much when trying to post answers to questions......

Thanks guys. Question on the purchased inline females, is there anything that prevents messing up the polarity?

Nope - at this time all there is that prevents screwing up is the human eyes and human brain.

The ribbed wire always goes to the large opening of the receptacle.

Edited by George Simmons

And if your vendor doesn't have inline recp, you can always take a dremel and open the other side for wire to go threw. Done lots of them that way.

Thanks everyone. I believe I'm going to buy end plugs and modify as needed. Found them for 40 cents each at ledgenlighting.com. Anyone know a coupon code or less expensive alternative?