Light-O-Rama Forums

mega tree sequencing

paralegalnc

so I got a 10 foot mega tree... I have 8 wedges...got alot of sequencing done... what I need are new ideas... anyone got any cool patterns of seqencing? I am a newbie and I have ideas but cant seem to program it right to get the effect I am looking for. PM me or email me what you may have to contribute.... pjfantetti@yahoo.com thanks. arches too.... I have arches but mine only have 3 sections each.... could use some assistance there too.

Just some ideas:

Reverse chases - lights all on, with a lights off section chasing

Two chases going opposite directions

Chase with entire tree dimming up and than off slowly is really cool

Tree "clapping" - having to halves chase to center than back out

Incremental chasing- chase at 10% than 20% than 30%, etc with leaving the section on after each chase till 100% than dimm down

I can't help you with any sequencing examples for an eight-channel mega tree because I've never personally worked on one with fewer than twelve. But I'm sure that someone will come along who can.

I agree with Cenote in that you should try as many different orders and combinations as you can. If you're using LED's, try mixing in a few shimmers into your chases for a different look. Varying the intensity can be very effective and is an excellent complement to just off and on.

Three sections is really kind of off the low end of the chart for an arch. I think I've only heard of a couple people who've tried that and I don't recall seeing any videos. Do you have anything else going on where those three channels can be put to more dramatic use?

you can get really cool effects using foreground and background effects,ie tree chasing foreground and entire tree fading in the background

I don't know anything about foregrounds and backgrounds yet. Lord, there is enough just with what I've learned. I want to go to one of the classes but.... not one close. Maybe they would be bring one to Charlotte or start them in June! lol. If I went to a class in October I'd never get done in time. 8 channels may be small...but I've taken pieces and condensed it down or just looked at the sequence and say "OH that's how it's done". Thanks James, I will take a look. What I have done is cool...just did a test tonight. Need to tweak some things on other elements... but all in all, I think I done good for my first year. Only have 48 channels THIS year. Ohhhhhh it's not enough LOL.

And oh yeah George... I got alot of other things going on, I have 3 channels on the roof, icicles, windows, bushes, edging around our flower bed, a maple tree with 2 channels for 2 colors, same with a peach tree, a 3D tree, star, the mega tree and topper, 3 other little christmas trees in the yard, 4 arches, guitars, spots lots going on. I will have over 20,000 lights. 8,000 just on the mega tree. they are incadencents this year...again, first year. BUT I am getting ready for the after Christmas sales!