Light-O-Rama Forums

interesting idea for the colder areas

jlarson

Temps in the 80's isn't a problem we have to spend much time worrying about during that time of year. That looks like a very cool idea. Now what's needed is to figure a way to get a string of LED lights in there also...

Temps in the 80's isn't a problem we have to spend much time worrying about during that time of year. That looks like a very cool idea. Now what's needed is to figure a way to get a string of LED lights in there also...

great minds think alike,so why was I thinking that to??????? :P really I think you could use tubes or something to protect the lights,has to be something the would creat a void to put lights in. don't even have to be a balloon plenty of stuff freezes ariound here

I have done the leds in ice. Filled a large garbage can full of water during a week long cold spell. Sank some some leds in it with silicon protecting the leads and hooked it up to a battery pack( didn't want to fry something- pre LOR days). It looks awesome. RGB ribbon in a tube would totally rock!

It will take some time to eventually melt, especially on the North side of a house. Buckets also work.

Edited by scubado

Next question, who has a really BIG freezer I can borrow. B) Thinking maybe a "life size" snowman made of ice filled with RGB's...

that is a great idea,I tried to like it but I must have been too nice today all out of likes

Now what's needed is to figure a way to get a string of LED lights in there also...

I'm thinking a 2 inch spade bit from the bottom would leave a good size hole to stick some pixels in :)