Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP in Visualizer, cant figure it out....

petek157

No, Pixel 1 is always going to be Pixel 1. When you think about it, flipping a string DOES change the order number of the physical CCB pixel.

You are over thinking it. Put Pixel 1 physically where Pixel 1 is physically.

For example, let's say you have a straight line of 2 50 ct CCBs... If you have 'Controller in the middle' then they work like this:

50 49 48 .... 3 2 1 1 2 3 .... 48 49 50

So draw them that way.

Now let's say you flipped string 1.....

1 2 3 .... 48 49 50 1 2 3 .... 48 49 50

So draw them that way.

Now let's say you flipped String 1 and String 2....

1 2 3 .... 48 49 50 50 49 48 .... 3 2 1

So draw them that way.

If in the future you decide to change how your PHYSICAL CCB works, you also have to change how your VISUALIZER is drawn.

DevMike, I appreciate your help on this....and you are right, I'm probably over thinking it. Unfortunately, I'm still running into confusion-ville even after taking everything you have said into consideration. :huh: So I decided to create an example with both the sequence and visualizer (attached). I created one CCB controller with string #1 flipped in the sequence editor. It will also be flipped in the hardware utility. So, it will start with pixel #50 in string #1...and then that pixel #50 will become pixel #1 once it is flipped in the hardware utility (correct?). Confused yet? :)

They are arranged in a ring-shape (circle) with the CCB controller at the very bottom of the ring. The right hand side is string #1 that is flipped, so pixel #1 will start at the top and end at the bottom. The left hand side is string #2 (not flipped), so pixel #1 will start at the bottom and end at the top. I drew where the pixel's should be on the visualizer.

I did a clock-wise chase starting at the top that should go round and round and round, but as you'll see, they are not behaving that way.

Perhaps this will help explain what I'm running into. Thanks!

Wayne

CCBTest.las

CCBTest.lee

DevMike, I figured out what to do. I ended up flipping string #1 only in the sequence (but not hardware utility). I then drew the string in the visualizer with pixel 1 coming from the controller. That will allow me to use chases between the strings properly. Still don't think it would work properly in the visualizer if it was flipped both in the sequence and the hardware utility. But for now, I'm happy. :) thx!