Light-O-Rama Forums

Lighted pole how to?!?!

TDOVEL

I am trying to create the pole that lights up, just like the one in the video. But I'm not sure on how it is installed/programmed. I have already bought the poles. But not sure if the lights are just the regular Xmas lights wrapped around the poles and if each of them are on a different channel, etc. and would I use the superstar software?

I made up a 5 channel pole/burst pole? I made it using single light strings in visualizer as fixtures then put them on top of each other into a single prop. Each of the 5 sections has it's own channel. If you want the prop file I will send it to you. Let me know.

Clarification: When I say on top of each other I mean obove each other to form the pole. If you wanted to add more channels you could create more strings as fixtures then add them to the hight of the pole.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/15271-official-s3-lor-visualizer-props-and-fixtures-attachments/page__st__35

At the bottom of this page, Posts 61 and 64, there is a 6 channel and 8 channel firestick posted for your visualizer.

Here's a quick how-to:

Materials, 2) 2" PVC, 3) 1 1/4" PVC, 2) 1 1/4" 5 way cross;http://www.christmaslightshow.com/5-way-cross-1-1-4.html, 8) 1 1/4" PVC Ts, 16 strings of lights of your choice.

Insert 2) 1/14" pvc into each of the 5 ways standing up. Use the other one to make 8) 2' sections for the bottom stabilizers, Each of these legs go in the other 4 holes of the 5 Ways. Attach the Ts on the end of these with the holes facing up, for rebar or some other suitable anchor.

Wrap a section of the 2" to the end of the lights and mark the length. Measure. Unwrap the lights a bit to cut the section and then cut 15 more sections out of the 2" to that measurement. Wrap the other sections of 2" PVC with the rest of the lights.

I ran my extension cords (SPT-2) inside and slid each section down and rested on top of the last. My channel 1 and 9 are at the bottom, 8 and 16 at the top. (I did stars for my 8 and 16 channels).

My sequencing is just chases of some sort or another.

Quite simple and not too expensive to build, except for the lights, Mine are LEDs

A couple of pictures of the finished props.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/albums/b595/boydchristmaslights/

Great info! I built two 5' tall poles over the weekend, did the stands a little different but think I'll have to modify.. For Halloween I'm putting a spot light on top of them.. It won't look that great during te day but will produce a bright light!!

WOW, it's not Halloween yet and Kevins video's are showing back up already, TDOVEL, if you want to see another awesome video, search for Kevin's 2011 Party Rock Anthem video.