Light-O-Rama Forums

All Christmas Radio MN

TheUltimate

So... I've been thinking, last year 102.9 WLTE did the all Christmas flip in November but after Christmas changed formats to a country station. In past years the oldies station 107.9 KQQL also did All Christmas be last year (2011) stuck with their oldies format for the season. I'm wondering what station (if any) will be doing all Christmas for 2012? Anyone have any knowledge or insight on that?

Guest wbottomley

So... I've been thinking, last year 102.9 WLTE did the all Christmas flip in November but after Christmas changed formats to a country station. In past years the oldies station 107.9 KQQL also did All Christmas be last year (2011) stuck with their oldies format for the season. I'm wondering what station (if any) will be doing all Christmas for 2012? Anyone have any knowledge or insight on that?

http://www.holidayamericaradio.com/

I work in Radio (engineer), Christmas is a big ratings grab in the ages 6+ for the month of December, so its not uncommon to see radio stations go Christmas, here in Pittsburgh there is a station that goes Christmas a week before Thanksgiving

last year Pittsburgh had 2 full time Christmas Stations and one that played 50/50 mix

So, if one station in your market dropped the holiday cheer, trust me another station will quickly pick up the added value of December Ratings

and I have to hit the shameless self promotion thing.... I have a 24/7 Christmas music channel

http://christmascarrolls.com :)

To be honest, I wasn't fond of either WLTE's or KQQL's offerings in the past - it was the same 30 or so songs over and over and over. There are a ton of good holiday stations on the internet, and many of them you can get easily from a smartphone for use while driving. For example, I listened to several of slacker.com's holiday channels regularly last season via the iPhone while driving...

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if KQQL goes back to a Christmas format this year since the new country station probably won't.

Edited by Tim Fischer

Tim, I agree with you. I asked because my kids are already asking when they will be able to listen to christmas music on their radios (they don't have smart phones). Thought I would reach out to the Christmas experts here for some answers.

• The topic was locked