Light-O-Rama Forums

Running in Non-American plug?

symphony

I'm totally new to the notion of Light-O-Rama, and computerised displays with music etc but it's something I've always been fascinated by and so am hoping to get a small display going for this coming Christmas.!

However I am based in Ireland, and my main query/worry is - can I buy a Light-O-Rama Controller, (and possibly the box for the SD card rather than running it off my computer) and plug it into an Irish socket - thereby using a converter plug? Is this safe voltage / electricity wise??

I am not a tech-head whatsoever, and if I do manage to do this, will have three male friends who understand "that language" helping me to set it all up - but wanted to get that sorted before I even think about spending any money! ;)

Thanks to anyone who can offer factual answers!!

Great another Irish user!!

As regards your question, you can ask LOR to set you're unit to 240v free of charge. For cords you have 2 options,

1. Buy LOR's cordsets and buy travel adapters for each cord (I did this and it works great)

2. Make your own. This involves cable, spade connectors and sockets.

post-8035-13486819222036_thumb.jpg

Shay

Hi Shay -

thanks so much for the reply! I asked over at PC as well, and they said much the same but it's good to hear it from someone who'd be using the same type system! :)