Light-O-Rama Forums

30,000 bulb mega tree

robm

If a guy buys the crankup from Christmaslightshow. More than likely he will also buy the hook head too. I am not at home right now to count the actual number of hooks But I am thinking it is at least 20 hooks. Still, lots of wires for the number of hooks and going to agree, crowded. I am a firm believer in making all of the electrical connections back on the ground (hoop). Keeps the controllers down low for servicing and anything becomes loose I wont have to crank down the hook head and have a mess to wade through.

I agree with that too.. I really prefer all plugs on the ground to may reasons including service.

No.... we started to assemble today! Ha.. The strings are 21' and yes if they go all the way to the bottom would be 20.6. They will not go all the way to the bottom.. At least one maybe two feet up is where they will end. So I will have a 2' tail at the bottom to plug into controller. I'm not 100% sure if going end to end or all at the bottom. I like the bottom better because to me that seems a possible high fail point(male plug) and would be nice to have that on the ground and not 20 feet in the air. So not sure. I do see your point of having 5 stacked plugs at the bottom which could be a mess. If I went end to end that would give me 3 or 4 feet left to go to controller which would probably be a good idea. One cable end to label instead of 5.

Oooo the joy... :-) ... Cannot wait to fire this baby up... You might be able to see it in CA.

Remember the rule of 3s... no more than 3 strings of incandescents strung end to end...

D.T.

Remember the rule of 3s... no more than 3 strings of incandescents strung end to end...

D.T.

yes! I'm re-tweaking it to what I think will end up about 216 strings. 12 zones, 6 red, 6 gree, 6 white in each one of 12 zones.. 36 channels. Channel 1-6 and 9-14 used of each LOR to keep amps in check. 24 bundles to hook at top on 24 hooks.

All plugs at bottom. Six strings on each channel

Please take some pics when you start to crank the winch up . Would love to see it. :)

Jerry

Ditto!

I think we all would love to see pictures of this monster!