Light-O-Rama Forums

Will they work together?

Guest guest

Guest guest

I’m sure this had been covered before but I can’t seem to find anything on it now.
Will the CTB16PC’s and the CTB16D’s work together in conjunction with each other?
It appears that the CTB16PC has no Channel select switches, where the CTB16PC’s do.
Thanks for your help
Ray

Guest guest

RayNMesa wrote:

I’m sure this had been covered before but I can’t seem to find anything on it now.
Will the CTB16PC’s and the CTB16D’s work together in conjunction with each other?
It appears that the CTB16PC has no Channel select switches, where the CTB16PC’s do.
Thanks for your help
Ray

Yes, they will work together.

Guest guest

RayNMesa wrote:

Thanks for your help
Ray

You use your computer and cable to assign the ID number to the unit. It never changes until you revise it again. With the 1602's, you used the switch to assign the unit number (based on my correspondences with LOR).

Guest guest

Tom,
I think he ment to write theCTB16D' s have switches and the CTB16PC's don't which is true. the D's are hardware addressable and the PC are software addressable. As long as they all have different addresses they"ll play nice together.

Guest guest

Toymakr000 wrote:

Tom,
I think he ment to write theCTB16D' s have switches and the CTB16PC's don't which is true. the D's are hardware addressable and the PC are software addressable. As long as they all have different addresses they"ll play nice together.

I see. I don't have the PC version but figured that was it.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest guest

Each LOR controller in a network must have a unique channel.

Both the CTB16D and the CTB16PC have a way to set the channel. One uses switches, and the other sets its channel in flash memory by the computer.

Guest guest

The Addressing compatibility issue was my main concern, I already have 3 of the CTB16D’s, and I plan on purchasing 3 of the CTB16PC’s and using them with the others I already have.

Thanks for the help.

Ray

Guest guest

Ray I'm almost in the same boat. I have 4 D's and just ordered 2 PC's.
96 chennels here we come! I talked with Dan at LOR to make sure these were compatible. The main differences are the wiring connectors, soft vs hard addressing, and total current capability.

Guest guest

Is there any advantage to either the D or PC? I do not currently have any controllers but I can't decide weather to buy the complete package PCs that are on sale or the showtime Ds. Both controllers do the same thingdo they not???

Guest guest

DStack701 wrote:

Is there any advantage to either the D or PC? I do not currently have any controllers but I can't decide weather to buy the complete package PCs that are on sale or the showtime Ds. Both controllers do the same thingdo they not???

See the below thread ... The text below is from that thread.
They do the same thing .. differently.

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/13875.html

1.) The output and input wire terminals are different (spades vs. screw)

2.) The stand alone feature is not included on the PC version.

3.) The settings for unit ID are not on the PC version. I believe you do that through the hardware utility one unit at a time.

4.) The PC version can only handle 30Amps compared to 40 for the full blown version.

5.) The sale for the PC version is AWESOME!!

sig1lor9mm.gif sig-chan-144.gif